Spring Dance Concert Review

The Cerritos College dance department and the ASCC presented its spring dance concert at the Burnight Center, it is a semi-annual dance concert spread throughout three days, Mar.13 through Mar.15.

The spring dance concert featured performances by: Christopher Chaney, Jonathan Aguilar, Joselyn Herrera, Andrew Tran, Desiree Walston, Popy Saradeth, Nicole Martinez, Bonnie Lee, Edgar Rodriguez, Anisa Diaz, Janelle Encarnacion, Eugene Sorongon, Everett Tucker, Kiera Mitchell and many more.

In addition, special guests artists: Ken Dance Company, Domino Affect Dance Company and the CSULB salsa dance team, also performed to their own individual performances adding to night.

Seating at the Burnight Center was extremely packed, as many came to see the students show off what they’ve been working on so far throughout the spring semester.

The evening slowly built up with performances like “Just make it go away, “ which showcased a multi-colored parachute, and “Variations”, an exotic African dance routine that had the entire stage shaking from the dancers’ stomping.

Among one the early performances that the audience seemed to enjoy was, “I woke up like dis” with a creative mixture of musical tracks by Beyonce.

“I woke up like dis” broke the stoic mold, set by the performances before it, by showing a modern and upbeat rendition filled with hip-shaking and buoyant dance routine.

The first act later ended with “Wait for it/Snack Time,” an anime-like theme with fashionable and vogue dance routines.

Christopher Chaney, who seemed to contribute to most of the nights performances, also stood out throughout the concert.

Especially in his solo performance “Finding my Way,” Chaney definitely ‘found his way’ to showcase his awe-inspiring dance skills to the audience.

To punctuate the night, the performers ended with “Mime Different,” which was creatively conveyed through mime-dancing with a hint of contemporary dance moves towards the end of the act.

The dancers all capitalized on their time up on the stage and collectively had an outstanding performance, which captivated the audience into massive applause after each and every performance.

After the concert, flowers and congratulations filled the Burnight Center as everyone danced the night away.

Armando Jacobo
Armando Jacobo, Online Editor
Spring 2015 My name is Armando Jacobo. I’ve been a part of Talon Marks for three straight semesters now and I enjoy every aspect of the hectic lifestyle that entails it. This is my first semester as online editor. I’m also a journalism major but I’m not entirely set what I want to do with it though. Maybe enter the sports realm or music industry…or just nothing.