Teaing Off

The top three tea spots you don’t want to miss out on.

Teavana
The lovely teavana located just seconds from campus in Cerritos mall. Photo credit: Ariel Jimenez

1. Teavana

If you’re looking for a more traditional style of brew maybe try the local Teavana. Minutes away, located in the Cerritos Mall. Take a trip and indulge in many different teas and blends. Mix and match with the wall of teas and maybe for the thrill seekers add some matcha (condensed green tea) to energize your day.

Recommended: Scarlet Jasmine tea.

422 Los Cerritos Center Cerritos, CA 90703

cha2o
Cha2o located fairly close to school in the city of Artisia. Great for a late night drink and snack since it’s open until 2am. Photo credit: Ariel Jimenez

2. Cha2o

If you’re feeling more adventurous take a swing at all the funky blends at Cha2o. From mango star jelly to basil seeds, the baristas kick it up a notch with different takes on tea and juices. But no rush they have a dining area with delicious food that anyone on a college budget would enjoy.

Recommended: Pom-pom peach tea + bacon fried rice

11688 South St #104, Artesia, CA

birds pick
Birds pick tea & herb located in lovely old town Pasadena. Great for a tea date or even a tea party. Photo credit: Ariel Jimenez

3. Bird Pick Tea & Herb

Make a day of it, this is the perfect place for you and that special someone. Old Town Pasadena houses a small tea spot with big flavor. Offering loose leaf tea for your humble abode and for in store brewing. Sit and enjoy their tea service, where waiters bring you a personal pot of your favorite brew.

Recommended: Lavender Lemonade

10 S De Lacey Ave, Pasadena, CA 91105

Ariel Jimenez, Staff Writer
Spring 2015 I'm Ariel Ashley Jimenez, I enjoy crystal wrapping, writing and drinking tea. Tea is love, tea is life. I'm an English major and would hope to thrive in teaching creative writing. I also have interests in teaching photo to young thirsty minds. That's all may the force be with you.