Welcome Night feeds and informs students

Manny Ruiz, business major, was one of the first people in line for the In-N-Out food truck waiting for more than 30 minutes to indulge in a classic cheeseburger.

On Thursday, Sept. 8, Welcome Week continued with the In-N-Out food truck and Club Info Night, which started at 5 p.m.

Ruiz stated he had seen the neon signs across campus and knew he wanted to take advantage of the free meal.

The third semester student expressed his love for the burger chain, even giving his ideal meal.

“I like a double double, with grilled onions, add pepper, and ketchup, with well done fries,” he said.

He continued by stating the only reason he got his fall semester sticker was for the burger and chips.

According to Saul Lopez, ASCC president, every time In-N-Out makes a visit they make 1,000 burgers.

Ten minutes into the event, the line extended from Falcon Square to the Library Resource Center, and continued like that for about 45 minutes.

The line was right in the middle of Club Info Night, which had about 15 clubs participating in the gathering.

The gathering featured music, video games and information about different organizations.

Despite the crowd of people that surrounded the booths, a few clubs felt that Club Info Day, which took place the day before, got more students engaged in event.

Julia Pecnik, kinesiology major and Triathlon club president, said,”It has been good, but it was a lot better during the day. A lot of people do seem interested in the club and we’ll have to see if they stick around for the [club] meetings.”

MEChA was represented by culinary arts major Phil Herrera and Natalia Valdez, communications major.

They felt there was the same amount of people for both days and seemed enthusiastic about the people they have talked to.

For several clubs, this event was the opportunity to start the year fresh to prepare for incoming conferences and simulations.

Carlos Adolfo Diaz Soto, international business major, was one of the representatives of Model United Nations and expressed his thoughts on the future of MUN.

“There seems to be a lot of people interested […], this semester we have two conferences and two scrimmages, and look to be very active,” he said.

The atmosphere of Falcon Square died down once the In-N-Out line depleted at around 6:45 p.m.

Ethan Ortiz
Ethan Ortiz, Editor in Chief
Hi! My name is Ethan and I am serving as the Editor-In-Chief for the Fall 2016 semester. I am a journalism major and love to write stories for the newspaper. In addition to writing hard hitting news, I like to create fictional stories on the side. I am co-hosting a radio show on WPMD at Cerritos College called "Beyond the Ropes" happening Wednesday at 11am. I like to listen different music, mostly Rock/Alternative and some of my favorite bands are Silversun Pickups, Cage the Elephant, and Metallica. If you want to know more about me feel free to tweet me at @EthanEnvy95.