Inter-Club Council discusses plans for upcoming events

ICC Commissioner Charles Caguioa calls to order the ICC meeting on Mar. 27. Photo credit: Armando Jacobo

The Cerritos College Inter Club Council (ICC) held its bi-weekly meeting on Thursday, March 27.

The Inter-Club Council provides all students at Cerritos College with accessible resource about campus clubs and current information on club and school events.

The ICC also makes it easy for students to find ways to get involved around campus.

This week, the ICC discussed a number of events that will be held at Cerritos College later this month, as well as early next month.

One of the upcoming events is ‘Senior Preview Day’, which will be held on April 11 from 8:30 a.m. until 1 p.m.

The event gives current high school seniors, looking to potentially attend the college, a chance to learn and experience the Cerritos College campus, academic and vocational programs, student services, student life and athletic programs.

Booths are set-up throughout Falcon Square, providing information and creating an opportunity for students to engage with the Cerritos College faculty, staff and students.

Among the topics discussed, the ‘Falcon Games’ created the most buzz throughout the meeting.

The Falcon Games are spread out among four days, the event starts on Mar. 31 and ends Apr.3.

The event involves a certain number of clubs on campus that volunteer to compete against one another in various obstacles that test the physical strength and cooperation of the competing clubs.

ICC Commissioner, Charles Caguioa, was excited for the upcoming event but more importantly, about the meaning of the games.

“It’s all about just working together and it’s friendly competition for them to really work toward showing how self-sufficient, how great they are with what they do with their club and what is the meaning of community, when it comes down to it,” said Caguioa.

Usually the ICC meetings can be a bit dull to attend but can very informative, according to Stephany Beltran, French major.

“They’re really informative, usually nobody likes to go to those meetings because they take forever, there are a lot of procedures. You find out about all the events going on, that you wouldn’t have found out about otherwise,” said Beltran.

The next ICC meeting will be held at room BK 111/112 on May 1 at 11 p.m.

Armando Jacobo, Online Editor
Spring 2015 My name is Armando Jacobo. I’ve been a part of Talon Marks for three straight semesters now and I enjoy every aspect of the hectic lifestyle that entails it. This is my first semester as online editor. I’m also a journalism major but I’m not entirely set what I want to do with it though. Maybe enter the sports realm or music industry…or just nothing.