Lacy denies retirement claims

Reports about Cerritos College president Linda Lacy retiring by June 2015 were debunked, as the college sent out an official statement citing that the president has no current plans to retire.

“Dr. Lacy has not made an official announcement about any plans for retirement,” the statement read. “In the event that Dr. Lacy reaches a decision to retire, an official announcement will be provided to the campus and community.”

Lacy was apparently preparing her exit strategy since 2009, with her retirement coming by next June and possibly even sooner, per Los Cerritos News.

Cerritos College denies the report.

An interview with Lacy originally scheduled for Wednesday, June 4 had to be postponed until Wednesday, June 11, per request of the presidential office at Cerritos College.

The matter will be updated accordingly after the interview on this page.

Denny Cristales, Editor-in-Chief

The Big Cheese! I am the Editor-in-Chief Denny Cristales. Just your average, mild-mannered pupusa lover who covers news. I’m not one of those jerks who would ramble on and on about what they do - such as being a former Sports and News Editor, in addition to earning third place at the CCMAs for my sports page design - no, I won’t do that (My staff also conquered the LA Times in local breaking news coverage).  What I will do is tell you to look at talonmarks.com and admire the work we do.

Also, talk to me on Twitter: @Den_Crist , or email me: . I embrace the criticism (Also, I get lonely).