Security issues, Zombie Fest and Veteran’s Day event discussed at meeting

Cabinet members were notified of a robbery that occurred on campus during the Cabinet meeting on Monday, Oct. 20.

The police department issued a safety alert stating the following, “On Thursday October 16, at 8:10 p.m. a female student had her cell phone stolen from her while walking to her car, the suspect grabbed the phone from her hand, no weapon was used and the victim was not injured during the incident.

“The victim was on parking C-1 near Alondra north of the tennis courts when the suspect approached her on foot and grabbed her cell phone.”

Although this was the most prominent thing mentioned at the meeting, it was not the only thing discussed there.

The Zombie Fest that was announced about a month ago by the Cabinet members will be taking place on October 30 at 11 p.m. to 12:30 p.m. in Falcon Square.

There will be a maze at the event, as well, and a a night-time Zombie Fest for night-time students.

The Veterans Day event, which Cabinet members have also been planning, will take place on Nov. 10, at 11 a.m. in front of the Burnight Theater.

Jennifer Medina
Jennifer Medina, Staff Writer
Fall 2014 Hello, My Name is Jennifer Medina, I am 18 years old and I am a Broadcast Journalism student. After graduating from cerritos college with an AA in journalism, I plan on transfering to UC Berkeley and there persue my Broadcast Journalism career. I believe I can do anything I set my mind to do, therefore; my goal for this career is to become a television co-host and my ultimate goal would be to become the host of my own show. I aspire a lot of things in life, and at my short age I am learning powerful and useful lessons for whats ahead of me. I love learning, I love people, and I love life. I love going through everyday and seeing what heaven throws for me every single day. I love the people I spend my everyday with, but for me the most important of all the people though, is my family. My mom is a mom of four children, myself and three brothers, and I am so grateful for them. I can't wait for what has yet to come in my life.