Los Cerritos hosts Microsoft opening, Kelly Clarkson concert

The Los Cerritos Center will be home to Microsoft’s 13th retail store in California on Saturday, Nov. 22, with a chance to see Kelly Clarkson live that same day.

The store will open its doors at 11 a.m. with a ribbon cutting. The opening day will have discounts and exclusive merchandise, which includes:

• The Toshiba Encore 2 WT8, 32 GB, Signature Edition 8 for $99
  • Xbox 360, 4 GB, for $99
  • The Surface Pro 3 discounted by $200
  • Microsoft Office Package for $79 for a full four years
  • Nokia 365 starting at $99
  • Free Kelly Clarkson tickets

The singer, with hit songs like “Stronger” and “Because of You,” will be performing at the Performance Center at the Los Cerritos Center that same day at 7 p.m.

1,000 tickets will be available – one for you and one for a friend. And in order to score any, one will have to line up the night prior (Friday) at 11 p.m., by the California Pizza Kitchen and Lazy Dog entrances.

The first 200 people in the line will get a chance to meet Clarkson in person.

After winners are selected, the tickets will be distributed at the ribbon-cutting ceremony.

General Manager of Communications Strategy Jonathan Adashek said, “We like to have a celebration when we come to the market and come to a community. We’re here to become a fabric of the community and be here for the long term.”

Adashek encouraged students to attend the opening and to take advantage of any products that will be discounted, citing that although it is beneficial for the store to get clientele, it is also beneficial for students, too.

“We’re looking at how do we help students use technology to get ahead in what they want to do,” he said. “So, whether it is Surface Pro 3 or it’s Office 365 … we have a lot of different resources and tools for students.

“And we’re going to listen to the community. If we see the community needs even more resources and tools, we’ll deliver what everybody needs. There’s a great student population around here, and we want engagement.”

According to Jenna Torluemke, Microsoft representative, $1 million of the proceeds will be donated to the following local organizations:

• Mexican America Opportunity Foundation
  • YMCA of Greater Long Beach
  • Selaco
  • Youth Science Center

The mall is located at 239 Los Cerritos Center, zip code 90703.

The store is open Monday through Friday 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.

An F.A.Q. of the entire event is available here.

Denny Cristales, Editor-in-Chief

The Big Cheese! I am the Editor-in-Chief Denny Cristales. Just your average, mild-mannered pupusa lover who covers news. I’m not one of those jerks who would ramble on and on about what they do - such as being a former Sports and News Editor, in addition to earning third place at the CCMAs for my sports page design - no, I won’t do that (My staff also conquered the LA Times in local breaking news coverage).  What I will do is tell you to look at talonmarks.com and admire the work we do.

Also, talk to me on Twitter: @Den_Crist , or email me: . I embrace the criticism (Also, I get lonely).