That’s what we said: Best way to succeed is to prepare

Prepare so you don’t fall behind
The semester is ending, but that doesn’t mean it’s time to slack off. You must start getting ready for the start of the Spring 2014 semester. Seeing a counselor should be the number one thing on your list to get prepared. Getting your classes and books in order shouldn’t be that far behind as well.

FSZ: How do you prepare for the upcoming semester?
With the semester coming out there are plenty of ways for Cerritos College students to get started. Here are some of the tips that students have used to get ready for new semesters.

Part-time job is a plus

Working and going to school has become a normal thing in college. It adds another thing onto a plate that is already full of lectures and exams. However, it can help you, because it allows you to understand how to manage your time. Also, you make your own money and have to be able to manage it to make it last. You get your own spending money and skills that can help you out in the long run.

Theaters are here to stay
With everything going online, movie theaters are not going to loss their minds. College students get discounts on tickets, so use that to your advantage. The movie industry is not only the movies, but everything else that goes into making and advertising the movie. So get dressed up and get a date for the next best movie.

Gustavo Olguin
Gustavo Olguin, Managing Editor
My name Gustavo Olguin and I am currently the managing editor at Talonmarks at Cerritos College. Interested in sports and working in front of the camera as a reporter. I'm majoring in journalism and transferring in the Fall of 2014. This is my last semester with Talon Marks and Cerritos College, so if you don't know my face by now, I have failed you.