Apple | A battle of phones: Who’s the best?

There’s a reason why so many people have iPhones – it’s simple and has everything a college student needs.

Who dominates the mobile phone market? It’s easy – Apple does.

An Apple iPhone is definitely the way to go when choosing a phone. Many people can argue that Android and Windows phones are better, but a majority of them have most likely never laid hands on an iPhone.

When purchasing a phone, the first thing that comes to mind is “Can I afford it?” Apple’s products don’t run cheap; one can expect to pay $199 to $799 for the iPhone 5s. Although that’s quite high, this phone comes with simplicity and reliability.

Comparing it to other phones – The Nokia Lumia 635 remains at a fair price of $200, while the Android’s Galaxy S5 ranges between $500 to $600.

Is it worth it, though? Androids have the tendency of  glitching and freezing up at times when the phone is being excessively used. The iPhone’s 64-bit A7 chip, along with the M7 co-processor, allows the phone to run fast and move through apps twice as smooth than any Android or Windows phone.

Not all Android manufacturers offer the same specs to the newest phones that are being released. Meanwhile, Apple offers its software updates to each phone that is capable of receiving the update.

The most stressful part about Android is, if you’re not tech savvy, you’re going to get lost when using one. There are multiple homescreens that the user can customize; eventually, it’s going to be hard to remember where an app was put.

Windows can practically relate to Android. The interface is different, but the navigation throughout the phone will take a while, not counting the tutorial with the camera.

With an iPhone, it’s easy to find apps by using the spotlight search, which finds whatever the user is looking for within a few letters.

Simplicity has ought to be what Apple aims for, allowing each person, regardless of age, to use the device. Apple’s IOS 7 not only changed the design of the interface, but it fixed the notification center, adding a control center that allows multitasking.

Whether it’s getting to class on time or studying for an exam, college students are always in a hurry. An iPhone is perfect to have while doing all these tasks because it’s easy to maneuver.

If the lock isn’t on, all you have to do is “slide to unlock” to access all your needs. If the lock is on, it’s a quick four-digit passcode to punch in. Don’t forget the newest addition, Touch ID, which allows owners to unlock their phones with their fingerprint.

When unlocking an Android, it can be simple – that’s if you remember the pattern that you

put to lock your phone.

Size matters. In this case, bigger isn’t always better. The majority of Android phones are not smaller than five inches; basically, it’ll look like a brick if you can fit it in your pocket. Windows phones normally range from four to six inches.

One major aspect Android and Windows phones lack is a music store, where users can not only buy music, but television episodes and movies, also. Yes, there is the Amazon store, but users aren’t able to buy and download television and movies.

Apple’s iTunes store has everything there is to offer – music, movies and television shows. If Android and Windows users want to get the whole shebang, they have to search for an app to get all the specs Apple offers.

If your yearly plan is up, or you’re just looking to buy a phone, make the right choice and go with an iPhone.

Samantha Vasquez
Samantha Vasquez, Multimedia Editor
Spring 2015 Dear person looking at this bio, stop. Just stop. Ha! I kid. HI I'M SAM...and I do not like green eggs and ham. But I do like froyo. I'm a journalism major and for anyone that doesn't know what I intend to do with it, let me tell you...neither do I. It's just a passion I have and I enjoy everything within it. This is my second semester on the paper. This semester i'm the multimedia editor so I hope to do some exciting new things with that! Enough about school, more about myself. When i'm not at school, I'm working at one of my two jobs. In my free time, you can catch me roaming around the city or in front of a computer. My three addictions are social media, television and unfrosted PopTarts. I love to tweet nonsensicals and like pictures of different animals on Instagram. I love meeting new people even though many would say, "if awkward had a child, it would no doubt be her." One of my goals in life is to have Obama (or Beyonce) follow me back on Twitter. With all that being said, I can't wait to see what's in store for this semester. Let's get weird, Talon Marks! BYEEEE.