Being an introvert is not a bad thing

Are you mostly an introvert? Do prolonged social interactions make you cringe and want to run away? Do you get anxious just talking to strangers you don’t know? Would you rather be at home than at a party?

If you answered “yes” to some of these questions, you’re probably an introvert.

According to the Myers Briggs Foundation, being an introvert doesn’t mean that you’re shy, it just means that you prefer to charge your batteries in a way that doesn’t involve lots of socializing.

People can be both introverted and extroverted, but there are some people who are more introverted than others.

Knowing whether you’re an introvert or not is important in accepting your limitations.

Just because introverts are more inclined to spend their free time alone and doing things that they love, (instead of partying like a crazy person) it doesn’t mean that they can never be social with others.

Those who love to have social interactions should take into account that there are others who are not like them.

Likewise, introverts should be considerate toward the people who are extroverts.

Small bursts of socializing is a good thing and some introverts enjoy having a few close friends that they can talk to and hang out with from time to time.

Just don’t surprise your introvert friend with an impromptu party and expect him or her to go with you and have a good time.

When looking at the big picture, introverts are not doomed to roam the Earth with little to no human interaction. In fact, humans are naturally social creatures.

Just enjoy watching your favorite show and reading your favorite book. Remember, though, that getting a little human connection every now and then is a healthy thing.

Maria Lopez, Online Editor
Fall 2014 Being Online Editor has it’s moments. Maria Lopez, solemnly swears that she's up to do good. This is her third semester at Talon Marks and second as Online Editor. She enjoys the job because it’s fun, challenging, and a way to let others know what’s going on around campus. In her spare time she loves to read books, volunteer in her community, visit the local library, listen to music, and watch myriad television shows and documentaries. Her hope in life is to get visited by a doctor in a blue box. Feel free to contact Maria in these formats: Follow on Twitter @mlopeztweets Email at [email protected]