The resignation of Caguioa

Charles Caguioa resigned from his position as ASCC Vice President at last Wednesday’s Senate meeting.

A student that runs for President or Vice President should do it because he truly cares about the school and wants to make a difference on campus, rather than because there’s a paycheck waiting in the end.

There’s only two months left in the semester. There are already students getting ready to run for office for the fall semester.

A potentially smoother way to handle the Student Affairs position situation could have been to have the next President and Vice President have these jobs offered to them.

These jobs have a wage of $14.32. This is higher than other students that have jobs on campus and have been working here for several years make.

What’s done is done and it doesn’t appear that it is going to change, whether all the Senators agree or not.

It would be great to be able to work part-time on campus and be able to have some extra cash on the side for books, school supplies, food and the new Call of Duty game. College is expensive, going to school and having a job on campus to pay for those expenses would be a great relief for some willing students.

Perhaps some of the negativity of the positions would falter if the wages were lowered and the positions were offered to all students on campus.

There’s no denying the fact that our student government leaders do a lot for the campus, but Senate meetings have been lengthy for the past month. Discussions between Senators on the issue of the Student Affairs assistants have dragged on from an hour to up to two and a half hours, with Senators disagreeing with each other and not much being accomplished in meetings.

Some senators have strongly voiced their opinions on the issues and they have done so in multiple senate meetings. Instead of going over the same issues for multiple sessions, other topics could have been discussed.

Michael Garcia
Michael Garcia, Staff Writer
Spring 2015 Hi I'm Michael. I have been off for two semesters but i decided to come back as a journalism major. I'm interested in technology, hip hop, and video games. I started off as computer science major and even though I love technology I found that programming wasn't for me. I would love to write for a nerd/tech stie in the future. I have a passion for pizza.