It was not a UFO after all

With a daily and normal routine everyday, people in California noticed a strange phenomenon over their heads.

On Saturday, Nov. 7, people across Southern California had claimed that they’d seen a “UFO” in the sky.

Videos of the “UFO” quickly streamed across social media sites with the curious question of “what is this?”

People reported that a bright light traveled across the night sky.

A witness reported to nbcsandiego.com that it wasn’t a firework, a falling star or the moon.

With rumors swirling throughout social media, the Navy quickly sent out a report that it was an unarmed missile test.

Although the report should’ve calmed the minds of the people who were panicking, it did the exact opposite. The report caused a new set of questions.

According to pressdemocrat.com, the missile launches are conducted on a frequent basis and information about the launches are classified prior to the launch.

This explains why the Navy didn’t tell the public not to panic if they see a strange light. They couldn’t address it until after the fact.

Unfortunately, people aren’t too convinced that it was a missile. Everyone loves to hang on the suspense of the possibility that there are aliens somewhere in space.

Due to the fact that everyone was caught off guard with the launch, it left people in a lot of confusion.

The real question is how could a missile fly through the air for that many miles? It’s hard to believe that it could last in the sky for that long.

On the other hand, if it really was a missile, why didn’t the people hear strange reports of an unarmed missile before?

If this were a frequent test, people wouldn’t have found the bright light in the sky so peculiar.

Why wasn’t the test done in a secret location, that wouldn’t cause the public to panic? The Navy’s explanation was too vague, and instead of making things better, it made things worse.

There are still unanswered questions; the world isn’t in chaos over the strange event because weird things happen every day.

This light may be the weirdest thing that’s ever happened on Earth. It’ll probably be the reason people will now believe in the possibility of life outside of our world.

Briana Hicks
Briana Hicks, Staff Writer
If you want to get an idea of who I am, look at some of my stories. You can find out a little bit about me in my the way I write. Growing into the role of a college student, I'm beginning to find out who I am in this life. Back when I first began coming to Cerritos, I never would've imagined that I'd find my connection to the school on the college newspaper. Let alone, find people who actually understand me as well as I understand them. My path in life is unfolding itself before, and I am so excited to see where it takes me.