The value menu: Oct. 13

The value menu explores the top five stories for the week of Oct. 13, which has women’s soccer continuing its goal for another championship and football getting it together once again.

5. Cross country teams scrimmage against PAC 12 schools

According to cerritosfalcons.com, the cross country teams were pitted against PAC 12 division schools, among them being USC and UCLA, in a non-scoring meet at the Rose Bowl Friday Oct. 11.

With the opportunity to compete with such prestigious schools, the team certainly had the experience that coaches Christopher Richardson and Marco Anzures have yearned for all season.

Looking past this, the team awaits the South Coast Conference Championships at Heartwell Park in Lakewood Friday, Nov. 1 at 11 a.m.

4. Nathan Eshmade’s run comes to an end

Although not in season, the men’s tennis team is making some noise with its Australian player, sophomore Nathan Eshmade narrowly missing out on a chance of attaining a National Championship.

The semi-finals of the USTA/ITA National Small College Championships saw Eshmade get defeated by Mate Cutura.

He will still get a chance to play for third place Saturday Oct. 19 at 8 a.m.

3. Football getting back on track

With consecutive blowout losses back in Sept., the team is returning to its winning roots as a second consecutive win against Palomar College Saturday, Oct. 12 has earned the team a 3-2 overall record.

Sophomore running back Elijhaa Penny has been a standout and the go-to guy for the team this season, and this game was no exception.

Cerritosfalcons.com claims that Penny ran a total of 262 yards in the win, the second most in school history.

The team looks ahead in to its away contest against Allan Hancock College at 4 p.m.

2. Volleyball loses despite strong confidence

The volleyball team knew its away match against Long Beach City College would be a challenge, but despite a clear confidence the team had in its training and game plan, it still lost 3-2.

The team had a rough start to the season, losing four straight, but immediately responded by winning five straight, until that was broken last week against El Camino College.

With a consecutive loss, the volleyball team needs to adjust to avoid another dip in its season.

1. Women’s soccer remains undefeated

The defending champions are clearly looking for back-to-back titles as this season has been nothing short of successful with another shutout win against Long Beach City College Tuesday Oct. 15.

The team is undefeated with an 11-0 record and has a total of eight shutout victories in the season.

The team is in its groove and it is evident that the team is striving to make a push for that consecutive title.

Denny Cristales
Denny Cristales, Editor-in-Chief
Fall 2014

The Big Cheese! I am the Editor-in-Chief Denny Cristales. Just your average, mild-mannered pupusa lover who covers news. I’m not one of those jerks who would ramble on and on about what they do - such as being a former Sports and News Editor, in addition to earning third place at the CCMAs for my sports page design - no, I won’t do that (My staff also conquered the LA Times in local breaking news coverage).  What I will do is tell you to look at talonmarks.com and admire the work we do.

Also, talk to me on Twitter: @Den_Crist , or email me: . I embrace the criticism (Also, I get lonely).