Track and field feature

An event where running speed and distance is tested to test the runner mentally. There are seven running events in track and field: 100m dash, 200m dash, 400m dash, 800m dash, 1500m dash, 5000m dash, 10000m dash.

An event that involves running and jumping is hurdles in track and field. The event is where the runner runs a certain distance but must jump over a hurdle and continue to run. There are two hurdle events: a 110m hurdle run and a 400m hurdle run.

The team’s 4 x 100m relay is when four runners try to run as fast as they can as a team in 100m and pass a baton.

The shot put involves throwing a weighted ball and depending on the athlete, he can spin and throw the ball as far as he can and the ball is measured by the distance thrown.

The team’s pole vault is a track and field event in which a person uses a long, flexible pole to try to jump over a bar that is set to a certain height.

The javelin throw is where the athlete throws a spear-like object and as far as he or she can and will be measured by the distance thrown.

The team’s high jump is when competitors have to try to jump over a horizontal bar placed at measured heights without any help.

The hammer throw is when the ball is wired and thrown as far as the athlete can and is measured by the distance thrown.

Christian Gonzales, Sports Editor
Hi, my name is Christian Gonzales. This fall semester I am the Sports Editor for Talon Marks. This is my third year at Cerritos college. I enjoy talking about sports like basketball, football, tennis,and soccer. IG:ChrisG_Sports Twitter:ChrisG_Sports
Denny Cristales, Editor-in-Chief

The Big Cheese! I am the Editor-in-Chief Denny Cristales. Just your average, mild-mannered pupusa lover who covers news. I’m not one of those jerks who would ramble on and on about what they do - such as being a former Sports and News Editor, in addition to earning third place at the CCMAs for my sports page design - no, I won’t do that (My staff also conquered the LA Times in local breaking news coverage).  What I will do is tell you to look at talonmarks.com and admire the work we do.

Also, talk to me on Twitter: @Den_Crist , or email me: . I embrace the criticism (Also, I get lonely).

Emily Curiel, Staff Writer
Spring 2015 I am short, sweet and simple. I enjoy eating bananas and I definitely try to eat more avocados. I think humming birds are my good luck charms and my hero is Frida Kahlo. I am inspired by many famous photographers such as Dorothea Lange, Albert Esiensted, Steve McCurry and Annie Leibavitz. I consider myself a candid portrait photographer, although I thrive in other photographic areas as well, my photographic passion is portraiture. I hope that one day my pictures will be able to change the world in a great positive way.