FSZ: Studying for Finals

Abraham Dayfallah and Solmayra Mendez
December 18, 2013
Filed under Opinion

Jennifer Torres - Communications “I get enough sleep.” I practice...don’t get stressed. I go off by what I know, my knowledge already and see what happens.” Biannka Sosa - Criminal Justice Major “I... Read More »

Bake Sale for Stress Less Awareness

Bake Sale for Stress Less Awareness

Maria Lopez and Abraham Dayfallah
December 17, 2013
Filed under News

To promote Stress Less Awareness week, the Active Minds Club held a bake sale on the library sidewalk on Wednesday afternoon and will be holding it again Thursday . Cookies, flan and cakes were sold from prices ranging from 50 cents to a dollar in order to raise funds for future club events. Free... Read More »

The Contemporary Voice

Abraham Dayfallah
December 10, 2013
Filed under Arts, Features, Music

The spotlight was on none other than Ariel Salazar, a psychologist major, on Wednesday Oct. 30th at a Cerritos College recital. At an early stage in his life he knew that he wanted to sing. “Growing up I didn’t have many friends, and I would just listen to the radio and... Read More »

The government stole your Snapchat

Abraham Dayfallah
December 3, 2013
Filed under Opinion

Nowadays, it's all about taking selfies (i.e., photographing yourself) whether it's at the beach or at a theme park such as Disneyland; it's always fun to take photographs. Snapchat, a popular smartphone app, enables you to take pictures as well as videos and set timers... Read More »

Top 5 Drug Movies

Top 5 Drug Movies

Abraham Dayfallah
November 25, 2013
Filed under Arts, Reviews, Uncategorized

Scarface Being Drug awareness week it is fitting to rank the top 5 Drug movies of all time. Ranking in number 1 is Scarface, played by Al Pacino. It is about a Cuban immigrant who takes over a drug cartel with his sole goal to be filthy rich. During the film he undergoes heavy drug... Read More »

Part-time jobs are a plus

Abraham Dayfallah, Staff Writer
November 19, 2013
Filed under Opinion

With the economy running as quickly as it can into the ground, students are left wondering if it is is even worth going to school. What should they do about making more money? Should students consider having a part-time job or simply just stick to going to school until they eventually... Read More »

‘The Sarge’ wows students

‘The Sarge’ wows students

Abraham Dayfallah, Staff Writer
November 5, 2013
Filed under News, Showcase

Standing out amongst the rest of the cars parked in the C-10 parking lot, the Cerritos College Automotive Department received a glimpse of an Army drag race car at the Army Drag Car Show on Thursday from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. This event not only showcased a drag car dubbed “the Sarge”... Read More »

Notice your drugs

Abraham Dayfallah, Staff Writer
November 5, 2013
Filed under Opinion

Drugs are anything that makes you spend money and turns you into an addict. The truth of the matter is people find drugs as something more literal as it stands for (e.g., weed, cocaine, meth, crack, etc.). No one really thinks of caffeine as a drug, but... Read More »

An ambiguous expression known as art

Abraham Dayfallah
October 31, 2013
Filed under Arts, Opinion, Uncategorized

Juan Reynoso, Philosophy Major “An artist to me is someone who through a vacuum of influences uses said influences to create someone know whether it be art music or etc. Steven Rodriguez, Political Science Major“An artist is someone who creates just anything... Read More »

Nothing says fall like a decapitated cow

Abraham Dayfallah
October 15, 2013
Filed under Arts, News, Reviews

Paying students a dollar to watch a video, two activists from a group known as 10 Billion Lives visited Cerritos College to teach the students a thing or two about becoming a vegetarian or a vegan on Wednesday. Todd Lee and Angie Fitzgerald work together as a part of an outreach... Read More »

Monitoring social media

Luis Guzman and Abraham Dayfallah
September 12, 2013
Filed under Audio

Transcript: Maria: Hello and welcome to Talon Marks podcast. My name is Maria Lopez and I will be the moderator for today and we are talking about the pros and cons of schools monitoring their students. Could you please introduce your selves? Abraham: Hello I'm Abraham Dayfallah and I am a photography... Read More »

The greed of a bookstore can drive students away

Abraham Dayfallah
August 27, 2013
Filed under Opinion

Marking the start of the fall semester, students are often wondering if they can get by with the amount of books they need to succeed in their classes. The fact that the Cerritos College Bookstore does not even compete with any websites is revolting to the majority of the student... Read More »