Donald Sterling Banned from NBA

Akeem Ivory
May 21, 2014
Filed under Sports

The NBA commissioner, Adam Silver, said at a news conference in New York that an inquiry had established that Sterling expressed the remarks heard on a leaked recording, which were “contrary to the principles of inclusion and respect that form the foundation of our diverse, multicultural... Read more »

Michael Sam calls the St. Louis his new home

Akeem Ivory
May 21, 2014
Filed under Sports

Ex Mizzou Defensive End Michael Sam was drafted late in the seventh round two hundred and forty-ninth pick overall by the St. Louis Rams an organization known for making history when it comes to the sports world and NFL.In a draft... Read more »

Review: ‘Neighbors’ is comedy gold

Akeem Ivory, Associate Sports Editor
May 21, 2014
Filed under Arts

This is comedy gold as some would say. Director Nicholas Stoller brings you Neighbors starring Seth Rogen and Rose Byrne as Dad and Mom to a newborn, in a quiet and elderly neighborhood they seem to be content with their lives as newcomers to the parenting game, until one day they notice a moving... Read more »

Donald Sterling’s racist comments are insulting

Akeem Ivory, Associate Sports Editor
May 14, 2014
Filed under Opinion

Are we no longer in the 21st century, where racism is looked down upon, where we all are treated as equal and judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character, did we learn nothing from the words of Dr. Martin Luther King? Clippers owner Donald Sterlin did not get the memo. On... Read more »

Review: ‘Transcendence’ has a little of everything

Akeem Ivory, Associate Sports Editor
April 30, 2014
Filed under Arts

"Transcendence" has something for all viewers, romantics between Dr. Will Caster and his wife Evelyn showing that people are willing to do anything keep their love ones alive, for the female viewers, action with people getting shot by terriost groups and big explosions as the miliarty attack the super... Read more »

Playoffs in the air for men’s basketball team

Akeem Ivory, Associate Sports Editor
February 25, 2014
Filed under Basketball, Men's Basketball, Showcase, Sports

Cerritos College men’s basketball team was informed it will be an eight seed and will host Cuesta College in the first round game in the Southern California Regional Playoffs. The team posted a 17-10 record this season, which led to a three-way tie with the LA Harbor Seahawks (21-6,... Read more »

Possible first gay NFL player

Akeem Ivory, Associate Sports Editor
February 17, 2014
Filed under Opinion, Sports

Well this could become reality for one NFL hopeful Michael Sam who on Sunday, Feb. 9,2014 announced his sexual orientation to the world via ESPN. This was only a matter of time that the door of separation between heterosexual and homosexual in Men’s sports was broken, there was... Read more »

Falcons win at Pasadena

Akeem Ivory, Associate Sports Editor
January 31, 2014
Filed under Basketball, Sports

As the men's basketball team's shot difference was one between throughout the team, the battle of the boards made the real difference as Cerritos College out rebounded Pasadena 55-38 as sophomore forward TJ Taylor lead with 12. The idea of getting to the line with certainty was addressed... Read more »

Road to fourth win denied

Akeem Ivory, Associate Sports Editor
January 31, 2014
Filed under Basketball, Sports, Women's Sports

In the end the deciding factor for the women's basketball game was the turnover caused by the Falcons, as the ball was thrown 29 times either through bad shots, sloppy ball handling and just through the lack of help some of the players were getting when doubled, which led to the team's 59-42 loss to... Read more »

Women’s basketball streak snapped

Women’s basketball streak snapped

Akeem Ivory, Associate Sports Editor
January 23, 2014
Filed under Basketball, Showcase, Sports, Women's Sports

The Cerritos women's basketball team suffered a loss against Long Beach City College Friday, Jan. 17 and had its streak snap at just 3 games. In the first half there were many factors that led to the loss. From losing the turnover battle 11 to 6 and being out rebounded by 23 to 2; it lead to some... Read more »