Cafe allowing ‘open mic’ time on Friday

Taken from Leche Cafe and Bookstore’s Facebook page.

With available spots declining and word of the event being spread by its representatives, Leche Cafe and Bookstore hopes for a crowded house Friday, Oct. 3, at 7 p.m. for “Open Mic” Night.

For one night, individuals who registered with Leche Cafe for a spot will be able to have a set time up on stage and say whatever it is that they need to say.

The mic-time can range from poetry to comedic acts to narratives and even some singing.

Singing is already something that’s been booked for the event, however.

Along with the open-mic are performances from musical guests, including Bustop Prophet, Bret L. Thompson and AC the PD.

Patrick Jordan, a facilitator of the event, said, “Definitely on a personal note, I’m very excited (and am) looking forward to getting involved with the local artists and working with the awesome staff at Leche.”

The cafe is also promoting its 20 percent discounts for students, as well as new menu items that will be featured over the next months, according to Jordan.

The cafe has been host to kid’s talent shows, art shows, literacy development and comedy nights in the past.

Leche Cafe had a mic-night before back in February. Its promotion this time is through the use of a hash-tag on Twitter: #FirstFriday. It’s to commemorate the start of a new month.

Leche Cafe and Bookstore is located at 11723 Firestone Blvd. in Norwalk.

To attempt to a secure a spot for the “Open Mic” night Friday, contact this email: [email protected].

For more information about Leche Cafe and upcoming events, access its Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/LecheCafeandBookstore

Denny Cristales
Denny Cristales, Editor-in-Chief

The Big Cheese! I am the Editor-in-Chief Denny Cristales. Just your average, mild-mannered pupusa lover who covers news. I’m not one of those jerks who would ramble on and on about what they do - such as being a former Sports and News Editor, in addition to earning third place at the CCMAs for my sports page design - no, I won’t do that (My staff also conquered the LA Times in local breaking news coverage).  What I will do is tell you to look at talonmarks.com and admire the work we do.

Also, talk to me on Twitter: @Den_Crist , or email me: . I embrace the criticism (Also, I get lonely).