Don’t Sleep on “More Life”

October’s very own Drake gives us, “More Life,” which includes guest appearances by Kanye West, 2 Chainz, Young Thug, Quavo, Giggs and Sampha.

None of these artists disappointed in delivery, however, lyrically I felt they could have delivered more.

The album contains great samplings reminiscent of timeless classics such as “Devotion” by Earth, Wind, and Fire in the song, “Glow.” He also used the hook from, “If you had my Love” by Jennifer Lopez in “Teenage Fever.”

Drakes right hand man and producer Noah “40” Shebib contributed a great deal to the album. I wasn’t surprised when I found out he produced my favorite song on the album, “Jorja Interlude.”

Want some lounge music? Please play “Passion fruit,” and “Get it Together.”

Need something to pump you up at the gym? You can choose “Free Smoke,” “No Long Talk, ” “Gyalchester” or “KMT.”

If you just want to just relax play “4422,”” Sacrifices” or “Nothings into Something.”

Need your heart repaired? Please play, “Teenage Fever.”

In songs “Madiba Ridim,” and “Blem” he gives us that Jamaican, Caribbean, island flavor we hear in, “Controlla.”

If you need some new music I encourage you to get, “More Life.”

I give the album four out of five mics.

I did feel the album did lack what hip-hop heads would consider, “bars.”

Although after hearing, “Jorja Interlude” I was pretty impressed.

The short interlude contained a couple, clever, double entendres, and a play on words.

A lot of the lyrics were Drake stroking his own ego. We get you’re at the top, you have a lot of money, women and drugs but you can get deeper than that Drake.

We also get that from 2 Chainz, Quavo and Young Thug.

There is more to these artists than weed, money and drugs.

Will we ever see it in their careers? Will popular, mainstream, industry Hip- Hop be based off sound and not lyrical content?

Check out, “More Life” you will not be disappointed.

Michael Cueto, Staff Writer
My name is Michael Cueto. I am 25 years of age and I am a Business Administration major. I signed up for the College Newspaper class because I developed a passion for covering stories and testimonies of congregates at my church. I am interested in getting to the bottom of things and I guess you can say I am somewhat of a nosy person. But this Spring semester you can catch my talon marks in the sports section and in other sections of our college newspaper. I do spoken word poetry at my church when they bless me with an opportunity. I know this class will strengthen my writing and give me some experience in journalism. I am excited to see what is in store for me as I cover stories for our Talon Marks Newspaper.