Fans of Rick and Morty were fooled on April Fools Day

In an ultimate April Fool’s Day prank, creators of the hugely popular cartoon, “Rick and Morty,” released the highly-anticipated first episode of the third season on April 1st to the confusing and disbelief of fans.

“Rick and Morty” is a show on Adult Swim about an alcoholic, mad scientist (Rick) and his nervous, low-confidence grandson (Morty) that sees them undergo crazy sci-fi adventures through inter-dimensional galaxies and realities, all while offering potty humor and cultural one-liners.

The “Rick and Morty” season three premiere didn’t skip a beat and picked off right where season two’s cliffhanger left off, with our hero Rick in a hopeless situation with the Galactic Federation (the governing body of the show’s universe) after the wedding of his best friend takes a dark, twisted turn.

This time the wacky, improvisational scientist must get out of the mess he got himself, his family, and the rest of planet Earth in with the help of Morty and his sister, Summer, before the planet is subjected to a complete alien takeover.

The episode provided fans with answers to all of their questions and concerns about the state of the characters and the general direction of the show, in the most satisfying of ways.

There was plot twists, heroics, an abundance amount of comedic reliefs, and enough action to fill the void that was missing from the latest Power Rangers movie– in just one episode.

It was epic, to say the least.

It felt more than a season premiere– it felt like a grandiose season-ending episode.

This season premiere will have you wanting more –“Rick and Morty” episodes, and more McDonald’s Szechuan McNugget sauce (watch episode for obvious reference.)

If you haven’t watched this show, or given it a chance, do yourself the favor and watch it!

“Rick and Morty” is not only one of the best cartoons out right now, but one of the best shows you’ll watch in all of television — it’s seriously that good!

If the season three premiere is any indicator of the direction the show is taking, then this is going to be the best season yet.

The wait between seasons was long — a year and half to be exact — but this episode made the delay a little bit more tolerable.

An easy five stars. 10 out of 10. Two thumbs (way) up.

The rest of the episodes of season three of “Rick and Morty” are scheduled to continue in the summer of 2017 on Adult Swim.

Marck Parra, Staff Writer
Marck Parra is an aspiring journalist currently attending Cerritos College. Marck has a background in media broadcasting, with an emphasis in radio, and student–journalism. At the moment, you can say Marck is your typical college student trying to find a medium between work, school, a social life, and most importantly, sleep. Marck’s endgame is to obtain a degree in journalism so that he may eventually become a sports journalist or a music critic of sorts, as sports and music are his two greatest passions. Marck looks forward to the semester ahead as a staff writer for Talon Marks.