‘Ender’s Game’ review

Enders Game review

For those of you who haven’t heard of the book series for Ender’s Game, do not worry!

[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/120187096″ width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]

Director Gavin Hood decided to bring the book series onto the movie screens and in my opinion, it’s a box office hit.

Some movies goers might feel a little skeptical going into the movie because it was a novel by Orson Scott Card, but Hood made the story line very easy to follow for those who never read the book.

On top of an amazing cast such as Harrison Ford, Viola Davis and Abigail Breslin, Asa Butterfield, who plays Ender Wiggins, does a fantastic job at playing their roles.

The movie is based on the future and the world gets taken over by an alien species and Ender Wiggins plays the “chosen” child who is supposed to help save the world for complete and total destruction.

The movie portrays very strong symbols that can be hard to catch if you don’t pay attention, but the movie tries to send a strong message.

The love and compassion that Ender has for his enemies makes you rethink about how you feel about the people who you dislike in your life and that’s the beauty of this movie. The only problem with that is you learn to love and hate Ender because you never
know whether to be happy or mad with the decisions he makes.

Movie goers wont walk out of that movie theater disappointed. If anything, ‘Enders Game’ will turns some movie goers into Sci-fi lovers.

In all, ‘Enders Game’ is recommended to anyone and everyone. Although the graphics might be a little too graphic and the violence might be to much for some people but ‘Ender’s Game’ is a great date night movie if you’re tired of those romantic comedies.

Also, remember that if you like the movie, it is based on a science fiction series from the 1980’s. So if you can’t get enough of the movie, try for the books. The movie ended as if a second movie would come out, but only time will tell for that.

Larissa Morales
Larissa Morales, Staff Writer
Spring 2014 Hello everyone! My name is Larissa Morales and I am a Journalism major. This is my second semester on the Talon Marks staff and I couldn't be more excited to work with such wonderful colleges; some old and some new! I love writing, which is why I am a Journalism major and I hope to be graduating this May with my AA degree. I was recently married last May and my husband and I are excited to announce that we are expecting our first child. If I can do it, so can you! I hope you all enjoy my stories.