Fall Dance Concert had audiences glued to their seats

Led by the direction of dance instructors Janet Sanderson and Rebekah Hathaway, the Dance Department accompanied by the KEN DANCE Company performed a collection of dances at the Burnight Center Theater.

The concert took place from Thursday, Nov. 5 through Saturday, Nov. 7 at Cerritos College and is one of the major dance productions that the department has twice a year.

Students, faculty and guests choreographers came together to bring a mixture of ballet, modern, commercial and world fusion dances as part of their fall concert despite the fact that this year the number of dancers participating was less than the year before.

In comparison to the spring concert, which featured about 18 dancers who took part in the performance, the fall concert, however only had 11 dancers who performed on stage.

Maximiliano Lutz, undecided major, said, “Each number brought something different to the table, but they were also equally mesmerizing to the eye.

“It’s the one art form that may only last a short while since it’s not permanent, but has the same ability to inspire me to be more in touch with my more creative side,” he said regarding to how the performance made an impact on him to try and find new ways to connect with people.

The fall dance concert showcased art in the form of dance that to some, changed the way the thought of everyday things and for others is may have just been another performance.

Vanessa Villasenor
Vanessa Villasenor, Staff Writer
Hey! My name is Vanessa Villasenor. This will be my first semester serving on the newspaper but hopefully will not be my last before I transfer. I am a journalism major and although it terrifies me to talk to people I don’t know it is also the reason I love this field so much. This field gives me a good excuse to cover up for me just being really nosey. Don’t get me wrong I do like a good chisme just as much as the next person but I also enjoy photography, listening to music that has substance, and binge watching foreign movies (subtitles are life!). .Besides that I’m just a fun-sized girl trying to enjoy life. You can find me on twitter: @Vanerebe95 and on Instagram: @nessarella17