Rapper Lil Wayne performs "Take me out to the Ballgame" during Game 6 of the National League Championship Series at AT&T Park on Sunday, October 21, 2012 in San Francisco, California. The Giants won, 6-1. (Jose Luis Villegas/Sacramento Bee/MCT)
MCT

Lil Wayne issues continue with mixtape

Better late than never, right?

That seems to be the case as rapper Lil Wayne finally released the sequel to his 2009 mixtape “No Ceilings” just a little over a week ago.

The 24-track project has many traditional Wayne fans saying its classic Wayne.

Not much has been said from Lil Wayne, whose birth name is Dwayne Michael Carter Jr., since he has been vocally open about wanting to be released from his contract with Cash Money Records.

Not to get it confused with Lil Wayne’s label Young Money Records, which is under the parent label of the aforementioned Cash Money.

Therefore, Wayne cannot send anything to general public without the consent and approval from his father figure Birdman, who runs Cash Money, for profit.

This mixtape was propelled to the fans as they wait in anticipation for the “Carter 5” album to be released.

In the mixtape, Wayne isn’t short of words as he comes for not only Cash Money, but Birdman personally in songs such as “Cross Me” and “Live From the Gutter.”

Despite this being the most popular and media-driven conflict Cash Money has dealt with in recent memory.

Fellow Cash Money label mates Tyga, Lil Twist, Lil Chuckee, Bow Wow and Busta Rhymes have all left the label after either not having an album released through the company or having their album put on hold.

Furthermore, Wayne released a mixtape titled “Sorry 4 the Wait” in 2011, a tape that also had a successor that was released in January.

It is believed that Drake’s “If You’re Reading This Its Too Late” album was supposed to be a mixtape released for free to the public however, Drizzy released it as an album so it could count toward his contract.

Consequently, Drake and Lil Wayne would both be out of their contracts together and they can start their own individual label.

It was also rumored that Nicki Minaj would leave the label if Wayne was to skate out.

Since that allegation Birdman has gone on record and said that Drake and Nicki Minaj won’t be going anywhere regardless of what happens with Lil Wayne.

Some Wayne supporters feel as though the situation is surely inevitable as it seems like Birdman has replaced his “son” with Cash Money rapper Young Thug.

Young Thug even went as far as to name his April album the “Carter 6,” playing off of Lil Wayne’s unreleased album.

However, Young Thug claims it was meant to pay homage to somebody he calls family.

Yet, a viral video surfaced in which Thugger is seen at a performance saying that he cannot name the album the “Carter 6” because of conflicting sues.

The beef took a serious turn when Lil Wayne’s tour bus was shot up that same month.

Nevertheless, it doesn’t seem as if Wayne is backing down from a fight, as seen in this most recent release.

Terrel Emerson, Online Editor
Hello all, I am Terrel "Chatterbox" Emerson. I was the Online Editor for the 2016 Fall Semester. I am a sports buff. My work can be seen on terrelemerson.wordpress.com. Follow me on twitter @sir_chatterbox. Dodgersnation.com, check it out!