Bianca Bitches: Let’s get ready to final

Photo credit: Carlos Martinez & Carlos Ruiz

Ladies and gentlemen and those in-between, it’s officially finals season, but before you hitchhike down to Mexico to start your life over, consider these tips to keep that stress level down.

Time management is always important when pursuing a life of academia and if you haven’t developed a system by now, I don’t know how the hell you haven’t spontaneously combusted yet due to overload.

DO NOT PROCRASTINATE

Once your professor assigns you homework, do it immediately no matter how long you have until deadline. The amount of stress you avoid while doing work when assigned saves you sleepless nights spent in full-blown panic mode.

Avoid binge-watching shows or movies when doing homework. Don’t expect a good grade on your work if you are too busy distracted by Jim Halpert saying, “Bears. Beets. Battle Star Gallactica.” Michael Scott isn’t going to get an A on that essay for you.

Self care

Self care is for everyone and is not just limited to face masks and bath bombs. Take a nap. Eat a healthy lunch. Do anything that helps you recharge. If you don’t recharge then you wind up becoming burned out in your academic endeavors.

Eat breakfast

It sounds cheesy and reminiscent of your high school days when you use to get that call or letter home saying to rest up and eat breakfast before taking your finals but breakfast is tried and true. Breakfast gives you energy, necessary nourishment and kick starts your brain.

Devote some time to studying

Make sure you are constantly studying, your brain tosses out information that it feels isn’t useful or worth remembering but if you work constantly to commit certain subjects to memory, your brain won’t clean house right away.

Get a good night’s rest

Devote your bed for sleep, studying or working on your laptop can hinder sleep. Your bed should be associated with sleep not stress, and by not doing homework in bed you are creating a relaxing environment for your body and mind.

Another helpful tip is not to party or go on late-night adventures before finals week. You can dance topless on a bar counter after you pass the class.

Be loyal to academics
Another helpful tip is not to party or go on late-night adventures before finals week.
You can dance topless on a bar counter after you pass the class.

Bianca Martinez
Bianca Martinez, Editor in Chief