Letter to the Editor

To whom the following may concern:

I am writing in regards to the article in the latest issue of the Talon Marks regarding the resignation of ASCC former Vice-President Ivan Oyarzabal.

While understanding that the Talon Marks staff is comprised of students, I was disappointed in how unprofessional and tasteless the article was written. It seemingly was on a bias side and on the spectrum of opposition towards Oyarzabal, rather than being factual. Upon reading this article, I couldn’t help but notice how it seemed like an unnecessarily long written personal attack on Oyarzabal. The people interviewed in the article were also one-sided. It would have been more beneficial to students reading this article about a major shift in their ASCC if people interviewed either ranged from both sides (those who felt strongly against Oyarzabal and those who at least sympathized) or people involved who have an unbiased and professional outlook on the issue. It also would have been helpful if the writer of the article could maintain some decorum and keep it written professional and unbiased as opposed to slanderous. For an article in the school newspaper, it seem to fit better in a personal blog or tabloid.

I strongly encourage that either an apology be issued by the Talon Marks for attempts at defaming a current student at Cerritos College and for the writer’s lack in etiquette.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

With all due respect,
Sinead Le

View Comments (1)