College redesigns website

College redesigns website

Cerritos College has a new design for the campus website.

The website redesign is a joint effort between three committees on campus. The Web Administration, Public Relations and the Web Standards Committee teamed up to work on the redesign and ideas for the website. The Web Standards Committee is made up of faculty, staff and administrators.

There were people in the Public relations office that helped with the design and also helped convert the designs into web pages for the campus website.

“We wanted to create some interest in our home page and give it a fresh look,” said Ty Bowman, Web Administrator.

The main purpose of the redesign was that there is a perceive idea that website need to be updated and given a new look every two- three years.

When looking at the new design on the site, there is new graphics at the tops of the pages that represent the link that is being looked at. Such as, Computer Services link, which contains pictures of computer, based equipment.

The home page also has a photo tour of the campus for prospective students to look through and others who are interested.

Another purpose for the redesign was to help people with trying to find what they are looking for when coming to the site. The website was looking a little bit stale so it was in need of the redesign said Bowman.

“We needed to clean up the links so it would make it easier to navigate and understand,” Bowman said.

The links are now grouped together to make the website topics have a sub category to lead you to other sources of information.

An example of this is going to the homepage and clicking on students.

The link will take you to the next page that contains most of the information a student would need to visit such as schedule of classes, admissions and records, parking, athletics and etc.

“Our hopes were to give the site a new look and make it easier for everyone to look at and understand where to go for information,” Bowman said.

The web site can be found at www.cerritos.edu

Alicia Edquist, Staff Writer