Dinner is served

Dinner is served

The aroma of turkey was in the air as the Culinary Arts had their annual Thanksgiving dinner in the student center on Nov 21.

Most of the prep work was done the day before, like as making sure they had everything ready for the big day.

The student chefs started preparing the meal at 7 a.m. on Thursday morning and the meal stuffing and all was ready to be served at 11 a.m. when the Culinary Arts opened the doors for lunch.

The pastry students worked on all the pies for the meal and also for their bake sale they have every year at Thanksgiving time.

“We have approximately 90 students enrolled in the program, ” said Amber Major, Banquet Coordinator of the Culinary Arts and also a cashier for the day.

The Culinary Arts department has been having the dinner for about 20 years.

“The dinner brings in about 350 people every year, but the number always grows,” Major said.

The Culinary was complemented on how delicious the meal was from faculty to the police department to the students on campus.

“We get a mix of everyone that comes to this event and also we get people that will only come to the Culinary to have Thanksgiving dinner every year,” Major said.

June Crisp is the Head Cashier for the Culinary and does the item order for the class. ” We did very well this year with the Thanksgiving dinner,” Crisp said.

Alicia Edquist, Staff Writer