Spring semester Cerritos College Job Fair hits campus

Organizations like the Los Angeles Airport Police Department, The University of Phoenix, and Herba life on Tuesday were among the companies in attendance at the 2012 spring semester Cerritos College Career Expo and Job Fair held on the Cerritos College campus near the Library sidewalk.

The Job Fair went from 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.

More than 35 employers and educational facilities were in attendance.

Passerby’s were encouraged to visit tables where information on each company was available.

Career hopefuls also had an opportunity to explore career leads and options about areas of interest.

Some of the companies in attendance are new to the Cerritos College Career Fair, while other companies have attended for several years.

A recruiter at the Los Angeles Airport Police Department booth said that as a company, they have participated in the Cerritos College Job Fair for the past seven years.

One first year attendee to the Job Fair was digital media training center Video Sympathy; whose booth was being head up by director of admissions Dan Murphy.

“I am looking for people with experience in television and video through the studies achieved here at Cerritos College,” Murphy said.

Non-profit organizations such as Think Together, represented by Human Resources coordinator John Hillyard were also in attendance looking to educate people about what they had to offer.

We [Think Together] are a company that seeks to close the achievement gap, which is the gap between educational levels. We have both volunteer and paid positions available.

The event was free to the public. Attendees did not need to be Cerritos College students.

For those attending the event, parking on campus was free of change. The free parking was limited to the white stalls in the C-10 section of the parking lot.

Patrick Dolly, Staff Writer