Wrap up on Measure G and Prop. 30

For weeks leading up to the Nov. 6 election, students campaigned for Measure G and brought to light information of Proposition 30.

Both the measure and the proposition passed, which will bring forth some changes for Cerritos College.

The proposition passed with 59.91 percent of votes in favor and 40.09 percent against.

Measure G passed with 69.45 percent of votes in favor and 30.55 percent of votes against.

Prop. 30 is allowing for a full schedule of classes in the spring semester, which would have been limited due to classes being cut.

It is also allowing for a summer schedule, which was also in danger of being cut.

Cerritos College President Dr. Linda Lacy said that the proposition is keeping everyone at Cerritos College steady.

Measure G is allowing $350 million for more construction and renovation to happen on campus.

The master plan for construction is available at http://cms.cerritos.edu/master-plan/future-bond-projects.htm

Students can also expect Wi-Fi to be available campus wide in the upcoming semesters thanks to Measure G.

Alexandra Scoville, Editor in Chief
Spring 2014 My name is Alexandra Scoville, I am the editor-in-chief of the Talon Marks brand. This is my fourth semester on staff. I took a semester off in Fall 2013 and focused on taking a photography class and an audio class. I’m eager to use those skills for this semester of Talon Marks. When I am not in class or at school I’m usually watching wrestling or going to a live show. That’s like half my life. I’m interested in photography, writing and design. I plan on transferring to Cal State Fullerton and hope to teach a journalism class in the future.