Student causes disturbance in the DSPS building

Jacqueline Naranjo
Reportedly a female student was causing a disturbance, throwing office supplies including a staff-person’s computer monitor at the Disabled Students Program and Services building.

A disturbance happened at the Disabled Student Programs and Services around noon time on Tuesday, April 29.

Reportedly, a female student was causing a disturbance, throwing office supplies, including a staff-person’s computer monitor.

According Errica Tucker-Cordova, paralegal major, she stated that she heard someone throw something heavy, like a box, and him or her were yelling at the person to stop causing a commotion.

An anonymous source reportedly said that he saw a female student get violent with one of the staff members of the Disabled Student Center.

According to the anonymous source, one of the staffers at the Disabled Student Center detained the female student until campus police arrived.

The source said that the female student might have been mad about classes.

She was later detained by the police; no motive has been confirmed as to why the student caused the disturbance.

Luis Guzman
Luis Guzman, Managing Multimedia Editor
Fall 2014 Hey guys and gals, my name is Luis Guzman. I am journalism student at Cerritos College, I’ve been going there for about three years now. I have been involved with Talon Marks, the newspaper for Cerritos College, for five semesters. I have done mostly everything there is to do in Talon Marks; covering breaking news, page design, video production, podcast production, and photography. I like to read in my off time, mostly books about science fiction and horror. I also like to write fiction of my own, mostly poetry and short fiction. The career I have in mind would involve anything that has to do with creative writing and maybe writing some articles for newspapers here and there.
Jacqueline Naranjo
Jacqueline Naranjo, Staff Writer
Spring 2014 Hi my name is Jacqueline Naranjo. I usually go by Jackie. My major is Public Relations. I do not have any prior Talon Marks experience, but I am hopeful that with this class I will learn a lot. I love music and entertainment. I especially love going to concerts.