Cabinet discusses renovations to Bookstore building

“The ASCC, as a responsive student-centered organization, provides excellence and leadership and professional development by conveying high quality services, programs, products and facilities for the diverse community of Cerritos College”.

Through everything that was discussed at the Monday, Oct. 13, meeting, this mission statement was set official by the members of the school’s student Cabinet.

The Dean of Student Services Gilbert Contreras announced three important notices.

First, was that the “Smart” classroom is already being built in the Bookstore building, and after that is done, Cabinet and Senate will ask for money that will be used to to paint the building.

The total will be $10,00 dollars.

Contreras next announced made was that a new administrative secretary has been selected who will start Nov. 13.

Once she starts, her name will be announced and she will be introduced in the meetings to Cabinet and Senate.

The last announcement was about the importance of the budget for the 2015-16 school year.

Contreras will be speaking with the student trustee of both Senate and Cabinet about starting a subcommittee to start planning how to spend the ASCC million-dollar budget.

This Tuesday, Oct. 14 and Wednesday, Oct. 15, the ASCC will be reaching out to inform students about all the activities and events that are going on on campus.

It is scheduled for noon to 2 p.m. for both days.

Jennifer Medina
Jennifer Medina, Staff Writer
Fall 2014 Hello, My Name is Jennifer Medina, I am 18 years old and I am a Broadcast Journalism student. After graduating from cerritos college with an AA in journalism, I plan on transfering to UC Berkeley and there persue my Broadcast Journalism career. I believe I can do anything I set my mind to do, therefore; my goal for this career is to become a television co-host and my ultimate goal would be to become the host of my own show. I aspire a lot of things in life, and at my short age I am learning powerful and useful lessons for whats ahead of me. I love learning, I love people, and I love life. I love going through everyday and seeing what heaven throws for me every single day. I love the people I spend my everyday with, but for me the most important of all the people though, is my family. My mom is a mom of four children, myself and three brothers, and I am so grateful for them. I can't wait for what has yet to come in my life.