Bio-Chemistry Club holds fundraiser for future events

Babak Ghandchi (left) and Richard Hargrove (right) participated in a fundraiser for the Bio-Chem Club. They sold Boba drinks in Falcon Square to raise money for future use in Bio-Chem Club activities. Photo credit: Maria Lopez
Maria Lopez

The Bio-Chemistry Club held a fundraiser Tuesday, Oct. 21, to help fund trips for its members. The club sold boba drinks and assorted chips and snacks to passing students from 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.

The club had recently gone to a trip to a UC Davis and hopes to be able to go on more campus tours and general funds for the club.

“Further along the lines, I hope we get to do more things that involve chemistry and biology, and for any other major we (hope) to go to other stuff that deals with their majors,” Richard Hargrove, biology major and member of the Bio-Chemistry Club, said.

Under the S.T.E.M. program, (Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics) the Bio-Chemistry Club’s members vary with students, not just with biology or chemistry backgrounds, but with math and other majors.

The club currently numbers at 12 members, which is a good improvement over last semester, which started with six members, according to Hargrove.

“So far we’re doing OK, we’re getting there. It’s improving. But at this time of day it’s kind of slow,” Babak Ghandchi, bio-chemistry major, said.

“So far, we’ve sold about 10 or 12 bobas and we’ve made about $100. That’s including the chips and stuff,” he added.

The club’s next goal is to be able to go on a campus tour of UC San Diego.

Gustavo Lopez, Online Editor
I have coffee for blood and I'm not entirely sure I'm human anymore. I sort of stumbled into journalism and Talon Marks but I'm glad I did because I've always lacked direction, even though I've always been told I'm "smart." I've never really felt smart, more like the world doesn't make sense and I'm just trying to make sense of it. I'm a huge gamer and geek and the very model of a scientist Salarian. One thing you'll hear me say usually after several cups of coffee is either "I am Krogan" or "it had to be me, someone else would have gotten it wrong." I hope the editors and the new staff learn from my past mistakes, as well the ones that came before. I wish everyone the best in whatever they may pursue. Let's kick some ass, write good news and show them Talon Marks is more than just the newspaper. We're a team and family. This is Goose signing off, go get'em. 
Maria Lopez, Online Editor
Fall 2014 Being Online Editor has it’s moments. Maria Lopez, solemnly swears that she's up to do good. This is her third semester at Talon Marks and second as Online Editor. She enjoys the job because it’s fun, challenging, and a way to let others know what’s going on around campus. In her spare time she loves to read books, volunteer in her community, visit the local library, listen to music, and watch myriad television shows and documentaries. Her hope in life is to get visited by a doctor in a blue box. Feel free to contact Maria in these formats: Follow on Twitter @mlopeztweets Email at [email protected]