Game room changes discussed during Cabinet meeting

Members of the ASCC Cabinet congratulated each other for such an outstanding job and effort that each member put into the Veterans Day event on Monday, Nov. 10, in BK-111 for the cabinet meeting.

Cabinet discussed what the game room can potentially transform into, along with the importance of a place for students to hang out since the library is getting louder and louder, according to some individuals within ASCC.

Dean of Student Services Gilbert Contreras stated that the game room loses about $60,000 a year.

With a transformation of the game room, students will get to engage with each other and have a place to possibly hang or to just relax.

On another note, the planning for Zombie Fest 2015 took place among the cabinet members.

They discussed what happened in the previous Zombie Fest, the changes that it is going to have next this upcoming year and the involvement of students in it.

Cabinet members took a stance to support President Linda Lacy after the incident that happened last Wednesday when a parent, along with two others, protested against Linda Lacy.

The ASCC is planning to show up to the board room as a group during the Board of Trustees meeting to show its support toward President Dr Linda Lacy on Nov. 12.

Jennifer Medina
Jennifer Medina, Staff Writer
Fall 2014 Hello, My Name is Jennifer Medina, I am 18 years old and I am a Broadcast Journalism student. After graduating from cerritos college with an AA in journalism, I plan on transfering to UC Berkeley and there persue my Broadcast Journalism career. I believe I can do anything I set my mind to do, therefore; my goal for this career is to become a television co-host and my ultimate goal would be to become the host of my own show. I aspire a lot of things in life, and at my short age I am learning powerful and useful lessons for whats ahead of me. I love learning, I love people, and I love life. I love going through everyday and seeing what heaven throws for me every single day. I love the people I spend my everyday with, but for me the most important of all the people though, is my family. My mom is a mom of four children, myself and three brothers, and I am so grateful for them. I can't wait for what has yet to come in my life.