Aiello keeps student affairs position

The president’s veto concerning the student affairs position passed, a new assistant commissioner of student outreach was appointed and the relocation of a hydration station was discussed throughout the ASCC Senate meeting on Wednesday March 11.

The next senate meeting will be held on March 25 at 2 p.m.

An action item that has been lingering on the agenda for weeks was finally resolved and voted on.

Senators voted to override the presidential veto but did not reach enough votes to overturn the veto, resulting in ASCC president Miles Aiello to hold his student affairs position.

“I’m happy senate finally came to a vote and they took action on it and I’m more than pleased to say that individuals realize the importance and significance of these jobs and that they’re here to stay, for any student leader who dares to obtain the president or vice president (position),” Aiello said.

Hand picked by Aiello, Alveena Merrion spoke before senators and gave her reason for becoming an assistant commissioner of student outreach.

“She’s a student leader who doesn’t know she’s a student leader yet and is ready to get on board with Cabinet and start learning the ways of student government, hopefully we can mold her into a big-time student leader,” Aiello said.

One of the locations for the newly implemented hydration stations is expected to change due to plumbing difficulties, specifically the station that is supposed to be located near the I.D Center.

Armando Jacobo, Online Editor
Spring 2015 My name is Armando Jacobo. I’ve been a part of Talon Marks for three straight semesters now and I enjoy every aspect of the hectic lifestyle that entails it. This is my first semester as online editor. I’m also a journalism major but I’m not entirely set what I want to do with it though. Maybe enter the sports realm or music industry…or just nothing.