Adult male shot and killed in College Square parking lot

Lieutenant Victor Lewandowski, with the Sheriff's Department Homicide Bureau, released a statement regarding the shooting that occurred at the 711.

Posted by Talon Marks on Tuesday, February 23, 2016
Kristopher Carrasco & Gustavo Lopez
Kristopher Carrasco
Officers are still investigating the crime scene. There are no known suspects.

Update 10:15 p.m. According to Lieutenant Victor Lewandowski of the Sheriff’s Department Homicide Bureau, a report of the shooting being gang related is being investigated.

Lewandowski stated that the suspect or suspects are male, hispanic, late teens to 20s.

“We have one shooter that we know, but several may have been involved,”  he said in statement.

The male shot was also late teens to early 20s.

Description of both the male shot and the suspect or suspects is unknown.

Lewandowski said, “There was some sort of verbal confrontation that took place inside.”

The motive for the shooting is not known.

“We have members of the crime lab out here, sheriff’s homicide investigators, we’re processing the scene […] trying to locate evidence. We’ll be locating any potential video surveillance and speaking with witnesses.”

On Tuesday, Feb. 23, a confrontation at the 7-Eleven on Studebaker and Alondra boulevard at approximately 4:20 p.m. resulted in the death of an adult male.

There is no identification of the male shot and according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department’s Twitter, there are no known suspects at this time.

The male shot was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.

According to plaza security 4 shots were fired and paramedics did not arrive at the scene immediately.

The campus community was not alerted of the shooting until 5:09 p.m.

Karla Enriquez
Karla Enriquez, Managing Editor
'Ello! My name is Karla M. Enriquez and I am this semester's Managing & Investigative Editor. I'm a journalism major & hope to transfer to Berkeley in the very near future. I'm also very much into literature, politics, pop culture, art, and advocating for causes near and dear to me. I'm REALLY musically inclined so you'll probably catch me at a music event around town. If you catch me around campus feel free to stop me for a chat, I love meeting new people and sharing ideas. Catch me on social media as well. Twitter: karlamenriquez Snapchat:karlajonese
Kristopher Carrasco
Kristopher Carrasco, Online Editor
My name is Kristopher Carrasco I'm that guy that went to college and didn't really know what to do. I just kind of jumped around until I was suddenly failing out of school. Then I found Talon Marks and little by little I started to understand what I wanted to do with my life and apparently it's journalism. The idea of gathering information from a variety of sources and re-telling it through visual or written story telling has engaged me in so much more than I ever thought possible. I love to work with Multimedia, but this year I have become Online Editor in hopes of learning a new skill set. I hope to be a music journalist in the future, but in the mean time I'll be finishing my last semester up at Cerritos College in the spring of 2016. I also love raccoons; like a lot.

Gustavo Lopez
Gustavo Lopez, Online Editor
I have coffee for blood and I'm not entirely sure I'm human anymore. I sort of stumbled into journalism and Talon Marks but I'm glad I did because I've always lacked direction, even though I've always been told I'm "smart." I've never really felt smart, more like the world doesn't make sense and I'm just trying to make sense of it. I'm a huge gamer and geek and the very model of a scientist Salarian. One thing you'll hear me say usually after several cups of coffee is either "I am Krogan" or "it had to be me, someone else would have gotten it wrong." I hope the editors and the new staff learn from my past mistakes, as well the ones that came before. I wish everyone the best in whatever they may pursue. Let's kick some ass, write good news and show them Talon Marks is more than just the newspaper. We're a team and family. This is Goose signing off, go get'em.