PDA has no place on campus

Opinion+Button
Pete Moye’
Opinion Button

To all you overaffectionate couples out there: can you please, for the love of everything, get a damn room?

Public Displays of Affection, or PDA, are right up there with the snuggie as one of the dumbest, most foolish innovations created by our society.

Pete Moye’
Opinion Button

Seeing couples in public places groping, hugging and kissing is disgusting and offensive and it probably wouldn’t even be going too far by saying it should be a criminal offense, punishable by a heavy prison sentence, for performing lewd conduct.

There is no consideration for others, regardless of their relationship status, from these offenders when they’re “getting their freak on” in places such as public parks, shopping centers and even on our own campus.

Treating our campus like it’s room 316 at the local Motel 6 is not cool. Some of us are here to learn and get somewhere in life.

Then again, PDA offenders are here to get somewhere too; the venereal disease clinic.

Honestly, what’s the difference between showing your affection behind closed doors and doing it during your English teacher’s lecture?

You wouldn’t go into a stranger’s house and get it on in the middle of his living room floor, would you?

No, you wouldn’t. So what makes doing it on campus any different?

Thousands of students come to Cerritos College on a daily basis, the last thing they need to see is a live re-enactment of soft-core pornography.

Despite the freedom we have on this campus as adults, it’s surprising that administrators and Campus Police aren’t doing more to keep the PDA to a minimum, if not making it non-existent.

But since they want to be so publicly affectionate, then the rest of the population have the right to be publicly insulting.

For those of you who can’t stand this nonsense, the next time you see a couple like this, feel free to yell at the top of your lungs, “get a room, freaks!” with complete disregard to them.

Because we’re in our own right to show our reaction just as much as they have the right to play grab-hands with each other, right?

This type of depravity needs to be stopped, but it starts with someone putting that red light.

Victor Diaz, Editor in Chief