Having Wi-Fi all throughout campus

What’s the internet with no Wi-Fi? A lot of people nowadays depend on Wi-Fi just to get online so the fact that Cerritos College has now adopted the measure is a great step in helping a lot of students in many ways.

Back in 2000, Drexel University in Philadelphia, PA became the college in the United States to offer wireless internet throughout its campus.

Twelve years later we now have that same wireless technology available at Cerritos College as well as many other public places.

The accessibility, however, is restricted to only certain areas on campus.

Cerritos College should have Wi-Fi access available all throughout the campus.

I think it’s very beneficiary to students and strongly encourage students to take advantage of this technology we have at the tip of our fingers literally.

It makes it easier for students with busy schedules and those who do not have the luxury of internet access around them to be able to find a time that can accommodate them to use the internet as we all seem to need to utilize it in college.

There is absolutely no reason not to have Wi-Fi access everywhere like we do today if our society is ran on computers like it is. A lot of public places have adopted Wi-Fi access and offer it free of charge like many fast food restaurants and public courthouses for example.

Wi-Fi is very helpful to students in many ways. Wi-Fi can be used in order to get online from a laptop and post homework or use the internet to study for the next class.

Some students have to search for and feed off of other internet sources from the surrounding area.

Having Wi-Fi all throughout campus would make classes much more easier to find research on and it would make the computer lab less crowded.

Mario Jimenez
Mario Jimenez, Staff Writer
Spring 2015 Hi my name is Mario. I'm a cool chill person to talk to. You don't believe just come talk to me when you see me.