FSZ: School involvement

Bryan Deras Art and Graphic design major

“Martial arts club because it’s fun. It’s something that I like to do. I’ve been doing it for six semesters already, helping out or just joining the (Taekwondo) class.”

Julia Izquierdo Animation major

“Yes. It’s good for college transcripts, so you have extra-curricular (activities) and (universities) like that kind of stuff.”

Victoria Major Biology major

“Yeah, like home coming and stuff. I do (engage in extra-curricular activities) only because I work for culinary arts and you do some things for them, so that’s about it.”

Tiwana Reed Culinary arts major

“No, ‘cause I have a full time job.”

Anthony Mendez Psychology major

“I don’t really participate in that many extra- curricular activities, at least here (at) the school, because I have to work and I have to maintain a balance between everything, and right now, there’s been a lot of stuff going on…financially.”

Trinity Bustria
Trinity Bustria, Copy Editor
This is currently my second semester with Talon Marks, Cerritos College's premier student media brand, as its copy editor. Even though my job is one that is practically impossible to do since it is human to err (Ecclesiastes 7:20; Romans 3:23), by God and repetitious reading, I will catch all errors (spelling, grammatical, punctuational, mechanical, stylistic, and factual) or die trying. I am greatly interested in the political nature of news reporting and how current events are politicized to fit any given ideological narrative. As a paleolibertarian (think of Ron Paul)--that leans neoconservative on national security issues, Revisionist Zionist (think very pro-Israel), and Bible-believing Christian, I belong to a politically and theologically infinitesimal segment of the American public. Therefore, I have a particular worldview that is almost fitting for publications like: FrontPage Magazine, The Weekly Standard, The American Conservative, National Review, Human Events, The American Spectator, Commentary, The Jerusalem Post, The Jewish Press, Israel Today, The Washington Times, The Washington Free Beacon, and Townhall and aspire to write for publications like them as a political journalist or opinion writer. In my spare time, I enjoy practicing martial arts and researching trends in open source intelligence and counter-terrorism--apart from studying current events, theology and politics.
alan leyva
alan leyva, Staff Writer
Fall 2014 I am Alan Leyva, I'm pretty much a social junkie. I use my talkative social skills to get people comfortable in interviews. Strictly journalism is fun but I pretty much just want to be mainly in Public Relations as I choose my emphasis at a Cal state level. I live by Hollywood pretty much the entertainment capital of the world so why not be a publicist.