That’s what we said: Hit the book before the games

Studies first, games second

With both the Xbox One and the Playstation 4 both coming out within a week of each other, you might be tempted to play these video games more than usual. However, this is the time to be studying and focusing on the finals and assignments that are toward the end of the semester.

Free Speech Zone: Drugs and media

Has the media desensitized people to drugs? See what students around Cerritos College have to say about it.

A foul call on athlete advertisements

It is a contradiction that professional athletes have become the face of unhealthy products such as Coke and McDonalds. These professionals live healthy balanced lives to make sure that they are at the top of their games, so it doesn’t make sense for them to be part of these campaigns. It gives a misleading message to the people looking up to these athletes.

Payment is justifiable

College athletes have to put many hours into the sport that they are apart of, but they do not receive payment for these hours. The scholarships they receive do not cover all of the expenses that they have. It is now time to start paying college athletes.

Advertisements’ formula needs overhaul

Advertising has taken a turn for the strange and you do not know what the commercial is advertising until they throw the product in the last few seconds of the commercial. They need to put out the product that they are selling and give people actual reasons why they should buy their product.

Gustavo Olguin, Managing Editor
My name Gustavo Olguin and I am currently the managing editor at Talonmarks at Cerritos College. Interested in sports and working in front of the camera as a reporter. I'm majoring in journalism and transferring in the Fall of 2014. This is my last semester with Talon Marks and Cerritos College, so if you don't know my face by now, I have failed you.