Free Speech Zone: Where would you travel to and why?

Jacqueline Mendez, animal science major, said, “Chicago because that is where one of my favorite bands is from and it is a nice place to go. The name of the band is Real Friends and they are a pop-punk band. I would like to explore and go up north where there isn’t much of the city-life, but to get to see nature.”

Andres Ortiz, psychology major, said, “I would travel to Brazil. One of the main reasons is the carnival that they have there. It is a big festival where everyone dances and the community comes together. I think it is a beautiful place. If I have the chance I would go and visit someday.

Martha Pena, sociology major, said, “Jamaica because I have seen pictures and it it looks beautiful and very relaxing which would sound nice right about now. The ocean is there, so here in the summer the ocean relaxes me, and the scenery here would be different compared to there.”

Estela Bautista, sociology major, said, “I would travel to Hawaii because of their culture. Their music and dances plus the way how they dress fascinates me.”

Julio Arevalo, automotive collision repair major, said, “I would definitely go back to Costa Rica. The reason why I would go back is because of the exotic scenery. The vivid wildlife that is everywhere. Like when you step out from your hotel room you will see iguanas in the walkway and it is a beautiful place. You get away from the city life. You get away from Los Angeles smog.”

Ezenwa Olumba, human development major, said, “I am not really much of a guy who travels a lot. I would probably go and move next to Disneyland. Because I rarely go there since it costs a lot of money. Plus the drive to get there sucks. If I have an apartment or a house across the street that would be pretty cool.”

Bianca Salgado, Opinion Editor
Karla Enriquez, Managing Editor
'Ello! My name is Karla M. Enriquez and I am this semester's Managing & Investigative Editor. I'm a journalism major & hope to transfer to Berkeley in the very near future. I'm also very much into literature, politics, pop culture, art, and advocating for causes near and dear to me. I'm REALLY musically inclined so you'll probably catch me at a music event around town. If you catch me around campus feel free to stop me for a chat, I love meeting new people and sharing ideas. Catch me on social media as well. Twitter: karlamenriquez Snapchat:karlajonese