The Envelope, a Podcast: The art of the break-up (Chantal’s break-up)

https://soundcloud.com/talonmarks/the-envelope-a-cerritos-college-podcast-the-art-of-the-break-up/s-TWUvH

Monique Nethington: We’re here on https://www.talonmarks.com/opinion/2016/09/20/the-envelope-the-art-of-breaking-up/ The Envelope with (multimedia editor and columnist) Benji Garcia and Jenny Gonzalez (opinion editor) at Talon Marks and my name is Monique Nethington (sports editor); and I’m the girl that you see in all the pictures for The Envelope, wearing the same green jacket all the time-

Benjamin Garcia: Sunglasses-

Monique: Sunglasses and cigarette; everything that is pretentious, and brooding and tortured-soulful that you can have.

Jenny Gonzalez: Which is essentially the college experience.

Benji: So anyway, we need to self reflect more.

Monique: So anyways, that’s my life, I don’t know what’s going on in yours – moving on Benji, what do you have in the envelope for us to read?

Benji: Being published on this most recent print which is Wednesday the 21st, we have the first ever Love & Sex edition where I talk about break-ups; and it’s really fun. Who in this room is going through a break-up or is considering breaking-up, or is just really pissed off at which ever sex you happen to be attracted to?

Chantal: I’m not mad. I think I went through that before, not in my current relationship, but with the last one. It was horrible, I hated my life and I hated him.

Jenny: I’ve had one of those.

Monique: I think we’ve all had one of those.

Chantal: It was dramatic too, it was like in the middle of L.A., getting out of the car, slamming the door and stuff. So I had my little moment. you know, Carrie Bradshaw.

Monique: “Oh Carrie and Jake.”

Benji: So how did you get over that break-up?

Chantal: I cried for like a week. It was Thanksgiving so I ate a lot. And then it took me a while, actually, just because my self-esteem was so done with. When someone is telling you “hey, I have more productive things than to be hanging out with you.” You know, that’s kind of like it”s like ‘oh thanks’ for me.

Monique: “Oh thanks, I’m not important in your life anymore.”

Chantal: So it took a while, it wasn’t gracefully done. I spend maybe like six months where I didn’t do anything in my life. I didn’t go to school, I wasn’t working. I was just very sad and annoyed. I didn’t wanna know anything about anybody. I also went through the part where I went through meaningless relationships. Get on Tinder, swipe right, but don’t call me baby, kind of thing.

Monique: “I like you but I’m not ready for a relationship but you can’t talk to anybody else.”

Leslie Castaneda
Leslie Castaneda, Staff Writer
Hello, My name is Leslie Isabel Castañeda - yes I am picky about the squiggly being above the n in my last name. I was born October 13th, 1989. I am hispanic, Guatemalan to be exact. I am excited to say that Fall 2016 is my last semester at Cerritos College. I just recently finished applying at Cal State Long Beach to start Spring 2017. I am majoring in Journalism and in the future hope to become a News Anchor for either a Spanish or English channel. I've always been a lover of reading and writing and for me it is a passion that will forever continue to teach me and others new things along the way. I am looking forward to new adventures in this career. Meeting new people and being friendly is one of the greatest attributes that I can say I carry with me. Making others feel as though they are worth so much means a lot to me and I try my best to make sure that I continue to do so.
-Leslie Isabel Castañeda
Benjamin Garcia
Benjamin Garcia, Fall 2017 Online Editor
Jenny Gonzalez
Jenny Gonzalez, Fall 2017 Editor in Chief
Jenny Gonzalez is the Fall 2017 Editor-in-Chief at Talon Marks. She initially joined Talon Marks to copy edit and decided to pursue more than copyediting. She has previously held the Opinion Editor position for Fall 2016 semester and News Editor for Spring 2017 semester. Jenny's major is English with a minor in journalism and hopes to transfer to UCLA or UC Berkeley.  She hopes to work in a publishing house and will pursue a Master's in Library and Information Sciences. She also wants to own her own bookstore one day.
Chantal Romero
Chantal Romero, Platforms Editor
Monique Nethington
Monique Nethington, Editor in Chief
My name is Monique Nethington and am the current Editor-in-Chief of Talon Marks. I am a Journalism major at Cerritos College and hope to one day work for the NFL network as a field reporter. In the fall, I will be attending Academy of the Arts University in San Francisco to get my BA in Communications and Media Technologies.