What about people grinds your gears?

arely linares.jpg
Photo credit: Lindsay Helberg

#1 Arely Linares

Major: Foreign Language

Quote: “Something that grinds my gears is when people get in between a relationship. People need to mind their own business. They are just destroying something that can be beautiful. For example, when a girl talks to a guy that is taken and starts to flirt with him.”

michelle vega.jpg
Photo credit: Lindsay Helberg

#2 Michelle Vega

Major: Criminal Justice and Nursing

Quote: “What grinds my gears is when people lie to me. A great example is when I asked my manager if I was getting fired and he said no.”

yeimi molina.jpg
Photo credit: Lindsay Helberg

#3 Yeimi Graciano Molina

Major: Dental Hygienist

Quote: “What really grinds my gears is when you do favors for others, then when you need a little favor they can’t help you.”

ozzy garcia.jpg
Photo credit: Lindsay Helberg

#4 Ozzy Garcia

Major: Computer Animation

Quote: “What grinds my gears is when people are disrespectful because they don’t know you.”

christopher fernandez.jpg
Photo credit: Lindsay Helberg

#5 Christopher Fernandez

Major: Business

Quote: “What grinds my gears is when I am walking by someone and I try to just say ‘hi’ with a smile and they continue walking by me like I wasn’t even there.”

Lindsay Helberg, Staff Writer
Lindsay Helberg is a staff writer at Talon Marks, a huge sport enthusiast and has a slight obsession with the NFL, especially the Chargers. After graduating from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo with a Bachelor of Art’s degree and concluding her D1 volleyball career, she decided to pursue a profession in the entertainment industry. She worked on shows such as the Dr. Phil Show at Paramount Studios in Los Angeles and Fox NFL Sunday. Wanting to work more in the sport broadcasting industry, she decided to leave both jobs and go back to school to pursue a master’s degree in Journalism. Outside of school, she works for non-profit organizations, where she puts together events and galas for some of the biggest charities in the nation. She also works for the Orange Unified School District as a special education teacher and is extremely passionate about teaching her students. Lindsay is very excited to learn, as well as grow this fall and to work with the Talon Marks newspaper team.