California Judge temporarily saves DACA students

Federal Judge William Aslap who was appointed by former president Bill Clinton while in office, aims to block President Trump’s efforts to end DACA.

DACA ( Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) was formed in 2012 under former president Barrack Obama when he took office. This act allows the recipients to stay in the U.S., legally under certain conditions.

It also provides them with the ability to find work and be hired legally in the country.

Aslap stated on Jan. 9, DACA recipients “were likely to suffer serious, irreparable harm” if President Trump were to end the program.

Aslap wants to further the program until a decision is reached. He did in fact put in a lawsuit, and issued an order to stop the ban.

These DACA recipients, are friends, families, students and workers. They are here to make a better life for either themselves or their families. They are people who should have a chance to live out their dream just like any of us.

Trumps decision to end it would be a huge mistake, it will hurt the economic growth, most voters are for finding a solution for DACA. It is only fair that the government continues to find a solution for dreamers.

President Trump is for creating more jobs and helping the economy grow yet, these young people will lose their jobs if DACA does in fact fall through.

DACA has at least 800,000 recipients who are here under protection from being deported.

It will hurt all the families of those who are here under the program if in fact, congress does not come up with a bipartisan agreement. Trumps administration said they will continue to accept applications although, Judge Aslap stated it was not necessary.

There are many things that people in the U.S. can do to help those who are in DACA to stay and not be deported. One thing that can be done is signing a petition, and sending it to congress. Another thing that can be done is writing to our local representatives. We can let others know about the importance of DACA and how it will affect them and others around them

President Trump also stated on Jan. 12 via twitter,

Calling the deal a “step- backwards”, President Trump wanted to fund the wall and also keep DACA. He did in fact contradict himself in the Jan. 12 meeting.

Trump stated, “Honestly, I don’t think the Democrats want to make a deal.” Immigration is a difficult decision and issue but by pointing out blame on the democrats and not coming up with a solution, is in fact hurting the deal for the dreamers.

Jackie Mena
Jackie Mena, Staff Writer
Jackie Mena Is a staff writer at talon marks in cerritos college, She goes by the nickname Jaxx.  Jackie is a Fashion/ beauty photographer in hopes of working for Fox or ABC news one day as a field journalist or a Photojournalist and sees herself opening up her own studio in the near future.