This Week in Falcons Sports: Sept. 1-7

Strong starts for both men and women’ soccer in their weekend tournaments, the start of men’s water polo, football and cross country’s seasons, and an MMA fundraiser are among the happenings that will be taking place this week in sports.

Women’s soccer concluded their weekend events with convincing 6-1 and 5-0 wins against St. Louis and Eastern Florida State College respectively during their Florida trip. Their season continues Friday, Sept. 6 against Consumnes River at home.

Men’s soccer had a 7-0 blowout win versus Allan Hancock at the Hartnell tournament, however the team endured a 2-0 loss against San Francisco City and tied Irvine Valley. Their next matchup is a home game versus Oxnard.

An MMA fundraiser event entitled “Night of Champions” will take place Saturday, Sept. 7 for the wrestling team and will present fifteen amateur fights, three of those being championship fights. General admission tickets are $25 and ringside tickets are $50and can be purchased at kofightnights.com

Men’s water polo look to start the season strong this Friday in an away game against Golden West.

Sophomore Miguel Garcia said about their opponent, They won the State (Championship) last year so we just want to have a good game against them and hopefully we can beat them.”

Football also looks to get going this week with its away opener against Los Angeles Harbor.

I feel we’ll be in shape to confront anything that comes our way,” offensive line player Zachary Taves said.

Cross Country is also on the list of sports to get their season going this week as they will have their first meet Friday, Sept. 6 at Guajome Park.

It is the Palomar Invitational and will begin at 9:30 a.m.

Denny Cristales
Denny Cristales, Editor-in-Chief

The Big Cheese! I am the Editor-in-Chief Denny Cristales. Just your average, mild-mannered pupusa lover who covers news. I’m not one of those jerks who would ramble on and on about what they do - such as being a former Sports and News Editor, in addition to earning third place at the CCMAs for my sports page design - no, I won’t do that (My staff also conquered the LA Times in local breaking news coverage).  What I will do is tell you to look at talonmarks.com and admire the work we do.

Also, talk to me on Twitter: @Den_Crist , or email me: . I embrace the criticism (Also, I get lonely).