Jackie Mena

Jackie Mena, Staff Writer

Jackie Mena Is a staff writer at talon marks in cerritos college, She goes by the nickname Jaxx.  Jackie is a Fashion/ beauty photographer in hopes of working for Fox or ABC news one day as a field journalist or a Photojournalist and sees herself opening up her own studio in the near future.

All content by Jackie Mena
Performance artist Butch Loscin, Skeleton of Color, has been featured in Fallout Boys Hold Me Tight or Dont music video. Loscin draws inspiration from Dia de los Muertos when creating his art.

The man behind the mask: the skeleton of color

Jackie Mena and John Chavez August 14, 2018

From out of the cover of brightly-colored smoke, a man with a giant skeleton for a head emerges surrounded by vivid neon colors, and masked behind a Dia de los Muertos calavera. One might wonder where...

Albert Wilmovsky, an intructional lab technician shows students the basics of using PowerPoint. The workshop focuses on giving students the tools necessary to provide the best presentations they can give.

[Photo] Powerpoint workshop teaches students the fundamentals to take their presentations to the next step

Jackie Mena May 8, 2018

The wall hosts student artwork that were picked for the exhibition. The event was held on April 26.

Student artwork is showcased at annual art gallery exhibit

Jackie Mena May 4, 2018

The Cerritos College art gallery opened with its annual art gallery exhibit on April 26 showcasing 150 students art work from photography, ceramics, art and graphic design.The Student Art Exhibition...

Free speech zone: conversion therapy

David Jenkins and Jackie Mena May 1, 2018

Should adults have the choice to under go gay conversion therapy or should the government ban it? Explain why.Casey Piotrowski, theatre arts instructor“Well I believe you can have a choice, but I...

High school students from surrounding districts walk along Falcon Square to see club booths. Senior Preview Day was held on April 27.

Future Falcons visit campus on Senior Preview Day

Jackie Mena and Carlos Martinez May 1, 2018

Cerritos College opened its doors to high school seniors as they dropped by to learn more about the campus, its highlights and the perks of becoming Cerritos students during the annual Senior Preview Day....

Cerritos College students and professors march around campus for Take Back the Night 2018. Take Back the Night gave students and people alike the opportunity to share their story and bring awareness of sexual assault.

Cerritos College students ‘take back the night’

Jasmine Martinez and Jackie Mena April 17, 2018

Take Back the Night 2018 at Cerritos College came with free tacos, more diversity in terms of speakers, resources and engagement according to Valyncia Raphael, director of diversity, compliance and Title...

It’s time we had more safety in our campuses and workplace

Jackie Mena April 11, 2018

You've heard it all over your campuses, in a text message, in emails, another victim to rape, or even in a workplace. You've heard this all over the news with the Weinstein cases and women speaking out,...

Alex Prokopchuk has steady eyes on the tennis ball, while his hands are in full motion to swing. Cerritos College won the matches overall 9-0.

Cerritos College men’s tennis team had a winning day for the third straight time

Jackie Mena February 21, 2018

The Cerritos College men's tennis team played against Irvine Valley Lasers at home on Feb. 13, winning 9-0. The team won its third straight day of matches of the season. Cerritos College won all...

Cerritos College Stem Symposium 2018

Jackie Mena February 17, 2018
Tech professionals speak about their journey's to success and how quitting their former company helped them craft their own.
No. 2 Emma Wolff steps up to the plate during a game against Grossmont College. The Falcons won 4-1.

Falcons Softball Defeat the Grossmont Griffins

Jackelynn Martinez and Jackie Mena February 15, 2018

The Cerritos College softball team played their eighth game of the season against the Grossmont College Griffins on Feb. 10 and took the win 4-1Coach Kodee Murray said before the game, “We look...

Getty Images: NBA - Los Angeles Clippers vs Houston Rockets

Sports Opinion: Blake Griffin traded from L.A. Clippers

Jackie Mena February 11, 2018

The Los Angeles Clippers say goodbye to their All Star player, Blake Griffin, following the trade to the Detroit Pistons. The Clippers told Griffin last summer that he would stay with the team for the...

Freshman guard No. 15 Isaiah Tyler makes a three point attempt. The Falcons won the game 104-79.

Falcons extend their winning streak to 7 with win over El Camino College

Jackie Mena and Carlos Ruiz February 7, 2018
Falcons extend winning streak with 25 point victory over El Camino College.

Peer pressure online is going too far

Jackie Mena February 7, 2018

Kids nowadays have easy access to the internet 24/7, just one click and they can find almost anything.Social media has a huge influence on the younger generation. Kids can Snapchat in school during class...

No. 36 Tena Spoolstra at bat. Cerritos College won the game 8-7.

Falcons softball ride huge comeback to win game against OCC

David Jenkins and Jackie Mena January 31, 2018

The Cerritos College softball team played against the Orange Coast College Pirates Friday for their opening game, the Falcons came back to win it 8-7.Coach Kodee Murray said, "Our sophomores stepped up...

Amna AJ Jara, student activities coordinator, discusses with club members about the officers reception. Club representatives met up to prepare themselves for the spring semester.

[Photo] Clubs determined to start the semester strong

Carlos Martinez January 29, 2018

Amna "AJ" Jara, student activities coordinator, discusses with club members about the officer's reception. Club representatives met up to prepare themselves for the spring semester.

Our money, our concert experience

Our money, our concert experience

Jackie Mena January 29, 2018

If you have not already heard, Jack White the former lead singer for the band The White Stripes is making quite a stir in the public eye. Jack White stated that he is banning all cell phone use or any...

California Judge temporarily saves DACA students

Jackie Mena January 16, 2018

Federal Judge William Aslap who was appointed by former president Bill Clinton while in office, aims to block President Trump's efforts to end DACA. DACA ( Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) was...

Load More Stories
Jackie Mena