Oceana Christopher

Oceana Christopher, Staff Writer

Oceana Christopher is a current staff writer for Cerritos College’s Talon Marks. She is a former flight attendant, world traveler, culture and health enthusiast, yogi, activist and former volunteer for the Bernie Sanders presidential campaign of 2016.

She holds a bachelor’s degree in political science and hopes to transfer to USC Annenberg School’s graduate program in journalism.

All content by Oceana Christopher
Donation based yoga- more than just exercise, its medicine for the soul!

Donation based yoga- more than just exercise, it’s medicine for the soul!

Edgar Mendoza and Oceana Christopher May 28, 2019
All across Los Angeles, people are coming together in the spirit of health and community, yoga has become a movement for the people, not just the privileged.
Alan J. Hallback conducting the College Orchestra in Mozarts The Marriage of Figaro, Overture. Photo credit: Oceana Christopher

The Spring Concert- a joyous tapestry of music, history and more!

Oceana Christopher May 24, 2019
The Spring Concert delighted with beautiful music, new and old and special guests.
Cami Romero conducting a tea ceremony before the game. Love the Yoni is a sex positive game that provides a safe space for players to explore and challenge their own sexual perceptions and norms. Photo credit: Oceana Christopher

New game encourages sexual expression and connection with self and others

Oceana Christopher May 22, 2019
Love the Yoni is a sex positive game that provides a safe space for players to explore and challenge their own sexual perceptions and norms.
Memorial to Jessica Bingaman

Long Beach police chase takes life of local dog walker

Oceana Christopher, Staff writer May 17, 2019

Driving through Long Beach’s historic Belmont Heights neighborhood memorial flowers, cards and candles can be seen at the intersection of 3rd street and Temple avenue, the site of last weeks fatal crash...

Professor Erkki Huhtamo bringing Pokémon Go to life.

[Photo] Pokémon Go brought to life on campus by visiting UCLA Professor Erkki Huhtamo

Oceana Christopher, Staff Writer April 19, 2019

Mary Queen of Scotts

Oceana Christopher, Staff Writer May 13, 2019
All That Glitters is Not Gold
Downtown Long Beach engages residents in an attempt to mitigate the effects of area pollution and climate change. James Cox, co-founder and volunteer with Long Beach Community Table attended the event on April 28. Photo credit: Oceana Christopher

Celebrating Earth Day in the shadow of the Port of LA

Oceana Christopher, staff Writer April 30, 2019

In an effort to address the environmental inequities faced by communities in close proximity to industrial sites like the Port of Los Angeles, downtown Long Beach hosted an Earth Day festival on April...

Novices and professional pie makers a-like came out to offer their most sumptuous creations at KCRWs 10th Annual Good Food Pie Contest, the line was long but the one of a kind pies were well worth the wait. Photo credit: Oceana Christopher

Taking the art of pie-making to new heights of flavor and fun

Oceana Christopher, Staff Writer April 30, 2019

In celebration of all things pie, professional bakers and home cooks were given the opportunity to compete side-by-side at KCRW’s 10th Annual Good Food Pie Contest on April 28 at UCLA’s Royce Quad. Participants...

Coffee Break: Venezuela Part Two

Derrick: “Hello falcons, welcome back to Coffee Break, I’m Derrick.”   Keanu: “I’m Keanu”   Eunice: “I’m Eunice.”   Derrick: “And today we are...

Coffee Break: Part one Venezuela

Derrick: Hello Falcon, welcome back to Coffee Break, my name is Derrick.   Keanu: And I’m Keanu.   Eunice: I’m Eunice.   Derrick: Today we have a special guest...

Load More Stories

Oceana Christopher