Welcome to Cerritos play day

Diana Morales
Staff members of the ASCC program welcoming students with a smile and some Cane’s.

Cerritos College’s ASCC student government continues to welcome back students to school by hosting the Falcon Play Day event at Falcon Square on Aug. 23.

ASCC encouraged students to stop by to participate in playing fun inflatable games while also getting a chance to socialize and mingle with other students, the ASCC, the Student Programing Board and staff.

“It’s the second week of school, right? We’re just looking to create events that’ll encourage campus community, obviously bringing people together,” Bryce Trevino, former Chief Justice said.

Everyone got a chance to stop by from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and see what was going on in Falcon Square in between their classes and play inflatable games such as basketball, soccer and axe throwing.

The Student Programming Board had students there to recruit anyone interested in helping assist and create events.

“We’re just here to advertise our program which is the Student Programming Board and we’re the ones who create all these fun events for students.”

“Right now, we’re looking for more members so if you want to join SPB, let us know!” says Barbara Bispango, Vice Chair for the SPB.

Members of the ASCC and the SPB were also there to help assist students with any questions mainly regarding how they can become a member of the ASCC.

Saige Frausto, President of the ASCC and Serafina Chun, Chief Justice, were both sitting at the axe throwing game talking to students about what it’s like to be a member of ASCC to see if they’d like to join.

“I’m looking for people who are really passionate about helping students and their community,” Frausto explains, “people who are really ambitious and goal-driven to make this campus a better community.”

Many students were walking around checking out what booths the student body had to offer.

What got the people’s attention to stop by the event was the competition factor of playing the games and of course, the free Raising Cane’s that the staff was providing.

Curious about how students got free Cane’s? Students had to stop by each booth and talk to the board members, then they had to compete with someone else to win tickets for the free Cane’s.

The winner would receive two tickets and the loser would receive one ticket; it only took three tickets to receive the free Cane’s.

“I think it’s fun and active and meeting new people is cool. The campus is usually dead so it’s nice to see people out here. Happy for the free food too,” says Robert Dominguez, Cerritos College student.

Even after students got their free Canes many of them were still out there participating, competing and having a good time.

Diana Morales
Diana Morales, Arts & Entertainment Editor
Diana Morales plans on transferring to a cal state in the near future to gain more experience. Her goal as a journalist is to work for a fashion magazine company and then eventually create her own. She also aspires on working on the radio or as a social media manager.