DC Fandome: Into the Future of DC

DC Fandome is a global event celebrating all things DC. In the event they showed off first looks, trailers and announcements of upcoming DC movies, shows and games. Photo credit: Lettawren

A few months ago DC announced that they were gonna show off their announcements in their own presentation where they dive into upcoming movies and games.

The presentation lasted almost all day with many directors and actors appearing on the show and announcing stuff.

First they showed off more information of Wonder Woman 1984 where they announce two villains while also giving out a Q&A to many fans around the world.

While also having Linda Carter the first actress to play Wonder Woman in live-action.

Near the end of the panel, Patty Jenkins showed off the second trailer for the movie showing new clips of it. Wonder Woman 1984 is set to release in theaters Oct. 2nd, 2020.

Next, they showed off the very first look at WB Games Montreal’s new Batman game that they have been teasing for so long. Showing off the first teaser trailer of the game.

The project now titled Gotham Knights takes place in an age where Batman is dead and it’s up to Nightwing, Bat-Girl, Robin, and Red Hood to take up the mantle and protect Gotham City from Batman’s rogues’ gallery of Villians.

With one of the threats being the Court of Owls.

They showed off some gameplay where it feels like a mix between the Arkham Series gameplay and the gameplay of the new Avengers game developed by Square Enix.

There are also some surprises and more secrets to be announced later in the future.

Gotham Knights is set to release in 2021 with it coming to current-gen and next-gen consoles. (Warning no Nintendo Switch version)

In the next segment, they talked about the upcoming Flash film, where they talked about the film, the director, writer, producer, and actor.

One thing they brought up is this film will open up the Multiverse to the DCEU.

They showed a sneak peek of the film showing off the Flashes new suit.

James Gunn’s The Suicide Squad was up next, the director Gunn responded to questions from fans while also talking about his take on the team making it feel like the ’80s comic version of the Suicide Squad.

He also announce the actors and actresses who are gonna be in the film as well as who they are playing.

They also showed a behind the scenes trailer giving the audience the first look of the film.

James Gunn’s The Suicide Squad is set to hit theaters on Aug. 6th, 2021.

The next big segment was the Zach Snyder cut of the Justice League. Where they showed a behind the scenes on his version of the film, which gives a Q&A with him and some of the actors of the movie.

He also gives a huge thanks to the fans who helped make it a reality giving them a spotlight.

The full movie will be four hours long on HBO Max and later on in Blue Ray.

They ended the segment with a teaser trailer for the film showing deleted scenes and new scenes that weren’t in the film.

Justice League the Snyder Cut will be released next year.

The next panel was the Black Adam, as Dwayne, the Rock Johnson narrated a story taking a look into Black Adams’s story and after that, he started answering some questions about the film.

Atom Smasher will make an appearance in the film being played by Noah Centineo.

The Justice Society of America featuring Dr. Fate, hawk man and the cyclone will also make an appearance.

The film is set to release on Dec 22, 2021.

Both Aqua-Man and Shazam will be getting sequels with Aqua-Man 2 coming out in two years. For Shazam 2 Sinbad making an appearance in the panel while the actors have fun talking to each other.

The title of the film will be “Shazam!: Fury of the Gods” and will come out on Nov 4th, 2022.

Second to last, they show was the latest game by Rocksteady Studios Titled “Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League”.

It starts off with a cinematic trailer, Braniac has invaded the earth with Harley Quinn, Deadshot, Captain Boomerang and King Shark going around Metropolis killing Brainiacs minions looking for the target which later turned out to be Super-Man. In which they are assigned to kill the Justice League.

This game takes place in the same universe as the Arkham series of games, the reason why they decided on Suicide Squad because they were excited to use these characters and have them interact with others and see how dynamic they can be.

There wasn’t any gameplay of it but they did say that each character plays very differently.

“Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League” will be released in 2022

The game is both single-player and multiplayer and players will able to play with their friends and story mode can be played both singular and with friends.

The last panel for the show was The Batman with Robert Pattinson making an appearance.

Matt Reeves, the director of the film announced the cast and who will play who. He also did a Q&A with the fans.

They showed a teaser trailer for the film giving it a noir feel to it and diving deeper to the more detective aspect of Batman that we never seen in these films.

The Batman is set to release on Oct 1st, 2021.

Overall during the whole event many people talked and gave out many different information during the presentations on the upcoming projects while showing some new stuff with trailers.

Oscar Torres
Oscar Torres, Co-Arts and Entertainment Editor
Oscar Torres is one of the Co-Arts & Entertainment editors here in Cerritos college. He’s been wanting to study journalism since high school and since then he’s been working hard to continue his goal. He enjoys all things entertainment from manga, film, shows/cartoons, music and video games. Oscar hopes to transfer to CSULA to continue his career in journalism in hope of one day working in a news group that he is passionate about or starting his own brand for all things entertainment.