Talon Marks

Pokémon Go brought to life on campus by visiting UCLA Professor Erkki Huhtamo

Oceana Christopher, Staff Writer

April 19, 2019

Filed under Community

For the gamers and the curious, Cerritos College hosted UCLA Professor Errki Huhtamo on April 11th, who presented ‘Kaleidoscopes, Pokémon Go and Media Manias’ in the Fine Arts Department. Huhtamo is one of the founders of an emerging approach to media studies known as media archaeology. He drew parallels ...

Phi Beta Lambda wins big with 17 awards

Phi Beta Lambda wins big with 17 awards

David Jenkins, Freelance Writer

April 10, 2019

Filed under Community

The Cerritos College Phi Beta Lambda club went to the State Business Leadership Conference in Santa Maria and came back with a total of 17 awards, 14 awards from individual competitions and three awards from team competitions. The State Business Leadership Conference took place from March 29-31 and...

Tech Talks: New iPad Mini Features

Christopher Martinez

April 10, 2019

Filed under Community

Late Steve Jobs chairman, chief executive officer and co-founder of Apple Inc. wanted to make a tablet with no keyboard or stylus, but instead of making it into a tablet he created what we know today as the iPhone. Jobs later went back to create the iPad off of the same concept. Today we have the many...

Tech Talks: What Computer is right for your Major?

Christopher Martinez

March 29, 2019

Filed under Columns, Community

Determining a major may just be as hard as finding a good laptop. Laptops offer many different features for so many different things and if some one picks one at random it could mean they are not getting the most out of laptop for their major.Starting with the most technological demanding majors such as c...

Trans-cending barriers

Trans-cending barriers

Kianna Znika

March 29, 2019

Filed under Community

Trans Can Work and St. John’s teamed up on March 13 to host “Transcend”, South LA’s first ever transgender job fair, an opportunity that was free for all in the transgender community and all employers eager to recruit them. The event was held at the Los Angeles Trade-Technical College f...

iOS 13 could this be the one?

Christopher Martinez

March 6, 2019

Every year Apple releases either a new version of its software or an improved version. Last year, consumers saw iOS 12 and a new year has arrived. Consumers are treated to iOS 13, which is rumored to have features everyone everywhere cannot wait to use.IOS 13 will be previewed at the Worldwide Developer...

Curl Time discusses the politics and culture of black hairstyles

Derrick Coleman

March 6, 2019

Filed under Community

Umoja held a panel discussion to talk about black culture hair style and Afro-inspired hairstyle. The Event was held on February 25, in Health Science 205 (Cosmetology). This event had a panel of women that were discussing hairstyles and politics about hairstyles. During the panel discussion, the paneli...

GOO GOO MUCK: What Ya Looking at? Punk.

GOO GOO MUCK: What Ya Looking at? Punk.

Julissa Villalobos

March 6, 2019

If you are reading this, I’m glad I have gotten your attention. My name is Julissa Villalobos and this is Goo Goo Muck, a newspaper column dedicated to well, you.In Goo Goo Muck, we will be talking about everything, and I mean everything. BDSM, Furries, Japanese “Chicanos” and goths. Any ...

Pansa Llena: Los 5 Puntos is Mexcelllent!

Pansa Llena: Los 5 Puntos is Mexcelllent!

Marilyn Parra, Co-Online Editor

February 27, 2019

Filed under Community

¡Hola Pansitas! Today I’ll be talking about a place in LA that sells almost everything. Los 5 Puntos in East LA is located on the street of Cesar E. Chavez and serves handmade tacos, burritos, sopes and tortas. Apart from buying a meal, you can go in and shop around. This place reminds me of...

Tech Talks: 2019 Samsung releases

Christopher Martinez, Sports Editor

February 27, 2019

The latest Samsung phone on tech nerd’s mind, the Galaxy Fold marked high at almost $2,000. If anyone is to buy this phone please note, people have tuition fees that could use some covering. The phone which was revealed Feb. 20 2019 is set to be released to the public in April of 2019. There...

Cerritos College • Norwalk, Calif.
Community