Cabinet talks improving Zombie Fest and building future leaders

Gathering feedback from Zombie Fest, the cabinet meeting discussed and took notes on what to improve for next year’s Halloween.

The success of the event lead cabinet to propose new ways to promote and improve the event toward the community since this year there was a bigger attendance of not only students, but the general community, especially kids.

They came to the conclusion that it is important to give back something to the community by making the event safer for kids and having citizens visit the campus.

This way kids can have an early idea of what college looks like and a way to plan ahead.

These type of events make the campus more noticeable to the area and give a presence to the students around.

Patrick Lindstrom, business major, works for Fobia Productions and provided the props for this year’s maze.

He shared his ideas with cabinet and showed an interest to keep supporting the event for years to come.

“We want this holiday to be safe for people, to come and enjoy the attraction. Not to worry about danger and be proud of their community,” Lindstrom said.

Cabinet desires to expand the event around campus in a Universal Studios or Knott’s Scary Farm style.

The only challenge it will be facing is the limit of the budget.

It discussed that some students show interest to support the event next year to make it bigger.

The cabinet looks forward to get the support of the clubs on campus to be part of the event.

On the other hand, cabinet opens up to an upcoming ASCC Leadership Conference event that will take place in Temecula, California, date not yet specified.

The event is open to all students and is aimed to build new leaders for ASCC.

Eduardo De La Rosa, ASCC President, encourages the cabinet and the students to attend in order to grow not only as leader, but as good citizens.

The application needs to be filled online and follow certain steps through a flyer that is provided at the Student Activities office.

“The purpose is to create leadership skills and find success in the real world. In this event the students will connect with people who are examples of success,” De La Rosa said.

Cabinet’s next meeting will take place on Monday, Nov. 9, at 2 p.m. in room BK 111/112.

Carlos Marquez, Opinion Editor
My name is Carlos Marquez and I am Opinion Editor for this fall semester in Talon Marks at Cerritos College. There is not much to say about me, I'm a regular student just like you majoring in Journalism and getting closer and closer to graduate with an Associates degree. I'm a fan of comic books and movies, I am what some may call a geek; I guess. I like to be aware of the events surrounding my community and share points of view with people to learn something new. I think is important to turn the community's voice into echo in order to inspire,make a difference and support a common cause.