New characters for Nintendo

With Nintendo opening voting polls for fans to suggest more Downloadable Content characters, the company is doing a move that its fellow competitors are failing at.

It seems that Nintendo got on its knees and listened to the fans prayers to expand the universe we know as Super Smash Brothers.

Considering looking for other characters of the Nintendo world to be featured in the game, the company seems to be open to involve characters from other franchises to crossover into the Nintendo world.

By recently featuring Pacman, Sonic and Megaman, most of the fans are suggesting old heroes from our childhood to be part of this epic brawl.

Taking the top of the list is Banjo Kazooie, one of the most suggested characters next to Crash Bandicoot and Rayman.

Kazooie seems to be the most probable character to become part of the game, due to the fact that Microsoft’s Head in Division and Studio Phil Spencer has shown interest in working with Nintendo.

Besides these highly demanded characters, this could be a chance for Nintendo to give life again to some fallen, or even forgotten, heroes such as Spyro, Klonoa and the legendary Bomberman, just to name a few.

On top of that, if these characters succeed in a comeback chance like this one, it opens the door for Nintendo to fully revive its respective series or obtain the copyrights for some of them and attract more players to the Nintendo products and services.

Comparing this action with one of its competitors, Capcom for example, Nintendo seems more open to its consumers opinions.

Capcom, on the other hand, has failed to deliver to its fan’s expectations due to the fact that it had cancelled many Megaman titles and failed attempt of the Darkstalkers franchise, which is a cult classic video game.

Many fans seem frustrated and are moving to new grounds in the video game world.

So if you can’t decide between Xbox and Playstation, why not choose Nintendo?

Carlos Marquez
Carlos Marquez, Opinion Editor
My name is Carlos Marquez and I am Opinion Editor for this fall semester in Talon Marks at Cerritos College. There is not much to say about me, I'm a regular student just like you majoring in Journalism and getting closer and closer to graduate with an Associates degree. I'm a fan of comic books and movies, I am what some may call a geek; I guess. I like to be aware of the events surrounding my community and share points of view with people to learn something new. I think is important to turn the community's voice into echo in order to inspire,make a difference and support a common cause.